• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SHR Floating QRS secondary kits

SO,

If I get my hands on a QRS, is the spline you are using the same as, oh lets say, a rev? if so I would really like to try a QRS with a shockwave on my 07 XRS.

What ya think?

-Frog

Qrs

Frog- ummmm thats a YES... and YOU were the guy I was thinking of for testing that little idea...:D

Wy-DOO- them there are 2" chissels on a 1 3/8" track...so you can guess the "hole shot" I get...weres that POO860??- LOL:eek:

Port- I'm the middleman (not that clever!! LOL)...since DOO didnt figure it out, theres a guy in Michigan who did...I'm selling a "MOD" that should have been on my sled from the factory...BJ

Frog- ummmm thats a YES... and YOU were the guy I was thinking of for testing that little idea...:D

Wy-DOO- them there are 2" chissels on a 1 3/8" track...so you can guess the "hole shot" I get...weres that POO860??- LOL:eek:

Port- I'm the middleman (not that clever!! LOL)...since DOO didnt figure it out, theres a guy in Michigan who did...I'm selling a "MOD" that should have been on my sled from the factory...BJ

Kewl!

shockwave helix, alignment hardware............what else?..........I'm trying to sort out why $495

What's the contraption in the first picture that looks like a tea-pot

shockwave helix, alignment hardware............what else?..........I'm trying to sort out why $495

What's the contraption in the first picture that looks like a tea-pot

The shock wave is not included..the $495 is just for the removable/floating QRS mod (the male/female pieces/welding/trueing isnt cheap or easy)...the tea pot is for brake cleaner, cheaper and better than smelly carb cleaner...I have 55 gallons of it and the shop smells like a hospital (alcohol based cleaner)-BJ

Just currious if you've taken temperatures of the transmission before and after? Do you know what kind of drop in temperature the kit can offer?

T.I.A.

Just currious if you've taken temperatures of the transmission before and after? Do you know what kind of drop in temperature the kit can offer?

T.I.A.

The kit isnt designed for "curing all belt issues"..its designed to "float" which in turn keeps belts aligned which in turn limits alignment RELATED issues...plus easy access to the carbs..its not a cure all..quality clutching still applies..BJ

Will this shaft also allow the use of a Team or other Doo splined clutches?

Sounds like it would cause I am going to try a QRS on my rev from BJ. Will be good to compare cause I got the team tss-04, stock BRP roller and now the QRS. From my experiences with my two previous' XP's the QRS is a superior clutch with the option of the shockwave helix.

Questions????

So is the kit a parts only or do I need to send you the shaft / clutches to machine?
Please explain!!!

I need your stock clutch/shaft assembly to modify into what you see here...BJ

then all the cutomer has to do is install the shaft and bolt the secondary on
no other parts to buy to achieve the stock clutching with the alignment issues taken care of

Is this a correct statement

then all the cutomer has to do is install the shaft and bolt the secondary on
no other parts to buy to achieve the stock clutching with the alignment issues taken care of

Is this a correct statement

yup-BJ

I,ve got my floating QRS back in the sled ready for snow, I gotta say excellent machine work and welding, can,t wait to try it should help with clutch heat and performance. The extra room when the clutch is slid off is priceless too.

Premium Features

Back