• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

shockwave tuning

brokenbones4

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
i marked my drive clutch and my belt is 3/4" from the top of sheaves. i have a 163" track 21 49 gears had to go to clicker 6 to get 8300. 14.8g pins and 415 ramps. when i opened up the clutch i noticed that the rollers only traveled half way up the ramps. should i be adding more pin weight and adjusting my helix out? My first thought was take out weight and move to clicker 3 but i dont see that fixing the problem. i need more weight to overcome the spring force right? and by adjusting my helix would i need to increase or decrease prymary load? im not sure where to start, can someone point me in the right direction.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
What conditions are you testing? If your making a pass at a hill, it should not shift out all the way. It should only achieve full shift on a looong, flat run and with 21/49 that will be about 90mph.
I would adjust pin weight to run on clicker 3-4 with the SW turned out 3 turns for starters....then adjust from there for conditions.

Running lower clitcker numbers will typically pull better on top end while higher clicker will be snappier off the line but not pull as well on top. 3-4 is a happy medium and leaves you adjustability for snow conditions/altitude.

Premium Features