• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seeley Lake info?

jthussey

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Minot, ND Big Sky, MT
Was wondering if you guys could lead me into the right direction for a place to stay with hot tub? Any good Restaurants you would recommend or would u stay in Missoula? Thinking of coming up Wednesday till Friday if the storm drops like they say it's gonna. Also, could u lead me in the right direction for trailheads. Would u ride west or east of the lake? Will have a 4 place enclosed. From there I can do my own searching on Google maps to find the good stuff. I just cannot find any maps of the area and don't wanna get out of bounds. Thanks guys and gals.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Use the Jocko SnoTel to check conditions.
I would not try to leave the roads.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Double Arrow might be the accommodations you are looking for in Seeley.
Otherwise you should stay in Missoula.
It's a 50 minute drive.

D
Dec 16, 2009
Seeley Lake, Mt
Snotel shows 50 inches now. It's snowing in Seeley but it's wet and heavy. The motel wants "Hot Tub" would be best found in Missoula. Still lot of stumps available to adjust your a arms.
Good luck,
Dan

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Stay at double arrow that's where I have stayed great place. Imo needs at least 60 on jocko for a trip out. I ride west of the warming hut. Low elevation riding is fun when your used to 10000 ft.

jthussey

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Minot, ND Big Sky, MT
Stay at double arrow that's where I have stayed great place. Imo needs at least 60 on jocko for a trip out. I ride west of the warming hut. Low elevation riding is fun when your used to 10000 ft.

Thanks for the responses guys. No kidding about the elevation. Gonna be nice riding lower in elevation plus the sled will feel a little better. Hope it keeps dumping. I kinda want it wet some to build up the base and there talking tomorrow is suppose to be that light fluffy stuff. Been watching your guys avalanche website and gonna have to be super careful. Even in the heavy wooded areas it was cracking and sliding. Sketchy.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Theres a good chance those saying there isnt enough snow have not been there lately. Thats all :face-icon-small-hap

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Comming down 28 to 5th, would like to ride there once, any idea where we should stage from.. Be comming from kalispeil..

Maybe jump in with a few of you locals!!

562xp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2012
Westside trailhead is where most folks leave from. If coming from Kalispell Hang a right on Boy scout rode before you get into town. Take the next right (deer creek) and park at the Helibase.

Last edited:

jthussey

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Minot, ND Big Sky, MT
Came to Cooke instead. Guys I ride with felt safer here than there. Lol. Hard to believe but agreed with them. I wanted to hit it up there as it looks like some great tree and technical areas but not knowing the area and higher than normal avy danger right now I will wait till Jan or feb to hit it up there. Thanks for all your responses. I spent a lot of time on Google last few days and found some areas that look awesome. Thanks again

rrjames

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2012
Missoula, MT
I would not try to leave the roads.

But Scott thats when all the fun begins!

25398818_10155431785581849_6810071451927952388_n.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Came to Cooke instead. Guys I ride with felt safer here than there. Lol. Hard to believe but agreed with them. I wanted to hit it up there as it looks like some great tree and technical areas but not knowing the area and higher than normal avy danger right now I will wait till Jan or feb to hit it up there. Thanks for all your responses. I spent a lot of time on Google last few days and found some areas that look awesome. Thanks again
Cooke had a WAY better start to the year. Im about sick of it. Time to go give seeley a once over now that its had some of the white gold.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Theres a good chance those saying there isnt enough snow have not been there lately. Thats all :face-icon-small-hap

Two weeks ago, I was there. It was not good.
The latest storm should totally turn that around.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
It was tits deep to a giraffe friday/sat. Settled out quite a bit but another big cycle is getting everything reset already.

Sort of limited areas that were good after the last cycle, not a huge base yet. All the old burn in the North fork was still very boney but should really be picking up soon with this next wave.

Lots of people there over the weekend before christmas but it was so deep not many people made it very far from the beaten path. We burned 17 gallons of gas each on stock sleds saturday.

Premium Features