• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sagging springs

N

north-land

The sag test on my rear springs is about 9 inches with the adjusters on the firmest setting. It is 6 inches sag unloaded. I don't think anything is binding on the track. I have the .375 springs. I weigh about 160 and carry about 25 pounds of gear. The dealer doesn't think I'll be happy with the .405 "fat boy" springs. Should I just get another set of .375?

Also, has anybody ever heard of someone re-tempering a set of springs? Seems like if you had a forge and a knowledge of metallurgy you could do it.

Any experience shared here would be appreciated. thanks

Sag on snow with the skis on the snow, and sag in the shop with the skis on dolleys, are completely different. But one of the heavy duty upgrades is prudent.

The .375" springs with the 47 degree preload are the answer. There are two sets, likley yours are .375 with the 77 degree angle (I say likely but you would need to verify this). The part number of the ones you need are 7042079-067 and 7042080-067. Basically you will operate with the same spring rate as you have now but the different angle will preload the spring much more at rest and help get rid of your sag. There is a detailed thread on this in the Polaris forums.

Premium Features

Back