• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ryde Air 2.0s for IQ RMK?

A

AKholicsAnonymous

Oct 12, 2009
Hello all, i have a question about front shocks for my '09 800 RMK shift. so i have a pretty good line on some AIR 2.0s with less than 200 miles on them. i know they are a relatively new shock so i was wondering if anyone had any info/experience on them before i pull the trigger. also i've heard mixed opinions as to whether or not they will fit the IQ RMKs. seems like most any shock should "fit", the ski stance will just be wider and the ride height will be taller with a shock with a longer c-to-c. is that an accurate assumption? if the ski stance is a lil wider/height taller will that have any adverse effects on the sled (aside from the obvious little more "tipy" and harder to lean over in the deep)?

Also on a completely unrelated topic. i got this sled out of the box and it has about 300 miles on it, and i've had to tighten the track at least once ride (about 8 times total so far) or it starts to slip. is that normal? i know it stretches but that seems excessive.

thanks for any help!! this is my first post.....first of many!

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
i have them on my 09 rmk and they work great i like that they are filled with nitrogen insted of normal air out of the pump like on the floats. thats just my .02 cents on that

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Hello all, i have a question about front shocks for my '09 800 RMK shift. so i have a pretty good line on some AIR 2.0s with less than 200 miles on them. i know they are a relatively new shock so i was wondering if anyone had any info/experience on them before i pull the trigger. also i've heard mixed opinions as to whether or not they will fit the IQ RMKs. seems like most any shock should "fit", the ski stance will just be wider and the ride height will be taller with a shock with a longer c-to-c. is that an accurate assumption? if the ski stance is a lil wider/height taller will that have any adverse effects on the sled (aside from the obvious little more "tipy" and harder to lean over in the deep)?

Also on a completely unrelated topic. i got this sled out of the box and it has about 300 miles on it, and i've had to tighten the track at least once ride (about 8 times total so far) or it starts to slip. is that normal? i know it stretches but that seems excessive.

thanks for any help!! this is my first post.....first of many!

How loose is the track ???

Premium Features