• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rmk no power

R
i got a 2011 rmk800 sled sat for about 2 months in the summer started up everything was fine started a week later..... now i have no power to dash lights tail lights and turbo oil pump headlights work fine what could this be???? thanks for the help!!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Where do you have the Turbo pump connected?

The headlights are separate from the the ECU/fuel pump etc.

Sounds to me like a fried Chassis power relay.

Other than the turbo oil pump... what other add-on electrical loads do you have?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
That is a fair amount of DC being pulled from a circuit that is rated at max 2 amp.... Regardless of what some people or aftermarkets have been saying to the contrary.

A/F sensors pull a fair amount of amperage for the heater in them.

I'll be posting up a thread in the next couple of days with a better location and source plus setup for clean 10amps of DC power on a PRO... Without a battery.

You can jump it to test.. give me a bit to post that up.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Jump the red and the RED/White wire together to test...

DO NOT touch the White / Dark-blue wire with ground or power... that could cause ECU damage.

attachment.php

Chassis relay.jpg

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
Jump the red and the RED/White wire together to test...

DO NOT touch the White / Dark-blue wire with ground or power... that could cause ECU damage.

attachment.php

Is this a test for relay only or can it power up gauges after you jump the red wire to red/white wire?

Last edited:
Premium Features