• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RMK front shocks

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
No,

They are too long... It will make the sled more difficult to steer and throw off the balance... They will also probably not be valved for your sled.

In general, getting things to fit and having them work properly are, most of the time, two different things.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
My take on used shocks...

If it is from a differnt brand or different model... you have to factor in the cost of a full service and re-valve of the shock. New springs for the model if coil over.

On Floats for example... from a different model sled... $100 each for the re valve and service... If you get them for lets say $400... you will then be into it for $600 for the pair... deal or no deal..

The length IS VERY IMPORTANT.... you have to pay attention to the COMPRESSED as well as the extended Center to center... some shocks dont need the same travel on another model... some shocks are already "shimmed or spaced" to shorten them [very common with take-off race shocks]

A half an inch higher ride height will change how the sled feels and performs.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
I have a set of Walker airs off of my 07 RMK for sale if you are interested.

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
I have a set of Floats off an M8 that I will try on my Dragon. They are 17.5 eye to eye where my Walker Evans are 17 eye to eye... I would think that the Floats will be valved real close since they are off a mountain sled too....

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
You can make the 17.5" shocks work, just have to let off a bit on the ride height. I have Zero Pro's from an M7 on my '08 and they work pretty good. Won't mind airs but will need a good sleeve on them to protect them.

Premium Features