• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RMK/Dragon Suspension Goodies

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Interesting...

Looks like the Ski Doo adjuster from the old Summits.

I wonder what the unsprung weight is of this compared to a standard strap setup??

How is the front guide ferrule over the top of the front swing arm attached by the customer?

Are those two small rivets going to hold the bracket from ripping out at the high forces seen by limiter straps?

I'm wondering how RE got around patent rights on this adjuster and M-10 technology from FAST??

$225 for all makes? What about aftermarket skids?

dsc01285.jpg

Last edited:
H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
Interesting...

Looks like the Ski Doo adjuster from the old Summits.

I wonder what the unsprung weight is of this compared to a standard strap setup??

How is the front guide ferrule over the top of the front swing arm attached by the customer?

Are those two small rivets going to hold the bracket from ripping out at the high forces seen by limiter straps?

I'm wondering how RE got around patent rights on this adjuster and M-10 technology from FAST??

$225 for all makes? What about aftermarket skids?

Just have to shoot holes in everything don't ya?;):D

I was wondering about the rivets as well...maybe there's double sided tape too

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Actually... looking closer at the Yami photo... that looks like a set-screw... not a rivet.... the aluminum bracket clamps from both sides... but I wonder if this is enough to keep it from moving up on the swing arm from large jolts to the limiter straps?

Yamaha%20Limiter%20.JPG

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Answers to above posts.

No drilling required to mount the limiter strap adjusters. They clamp around the swing arm and are the top is bolted to the lower pieces. That is a set screw just to stop it from sliding and vibrating around. Where the strap goes up over the top cross bar, the guides are already in place for the straps in all models except for the M Series cat. On the cat an extra brackets is being fabricated.

Sorry, after market suspensions likely are a bit different and this won't work for them.

Chris

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Why is it so special to be able to tune your limiter straps that precise?

gives you the ability to adjust it on the fly... just turn the knobs and you can go from a fun meadow wheelie'n machine to a nose down chute climber... cool concept... does look an aweful lot like the old summit strap set up tho...

Premium Features