• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rmk Clutch Belts

Volvokvaloya

Premium Member
What belts are you guys using for backcountry and hillclimbin..and what do you recommend?

I`ve been using the polaris "3211098" on my 04 800 "159 for some years now and are very happy with it..gonna replace it now before the season though..

For a sticky belt I use the 3211080

The very heavy duty belt is the 3211115 but cost 100 -150.

Remember the belts are diferent sizes and changing a belt may / will change performance.

For one ... the materials may be diferent so the belt grips / releases different.

Width , diameter, thickness, and angles on the belt will influence the way a belt works.

You need to look at the specifcs of the 3211098 belt and see what is compatible with your setup.

You can also look at after market belts.

Do you think my sled would perform better with another belt?..not so into belts :)

The clutch belt on a snowmobile transfers ALL THE POWER to the driven clutch and eventually to the track.

So yes absolutely the clutch is very important and they make diffent clutch belts to perform different.

There are people on here dedicated to tuning clutches and hopefully will chime in.

There are books dedicated to the study of snowmobile clutches:

Olav Aaen's Clutch tuning book

http://www.aaenperformance.com/Handbooks.asp

Premium Features

Back