• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RKT's 827 Big Bore Ported vs Non-ported

MtnRidr4Life

Lifetime Membership
About to get the 827 big bore from RKT. Wondering what people are seeing for a difference between the porting vs without. Is it worth the extra money to have the big bore ported?

About to get the 827 big bore from RKT. Wondering what people are seeing for a difference between the porting vs without. Is it worth the extra money to have the big bore ported?

On HO cylinders, there is 8 HP difference between the ported and the non ported 827..

With NON HO cylinders there is 14 HP difference

Hope this helps

Kelsey

What is the difference between the HO and NON-HO cylinders? I was under the impression that the bottom end was different and cylinders were the same.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

other way around, bottoms are the same except the pto seal retainer plate, porting in cylinders is different on the HO cylinders.

Sounds good. I went and looked at the casting numbers on my cylinders since the engine is apart right now, and I have the Non-HO cylinders. I will be going for the ported 827 now that I know I don't have the HO ones.

Premium Features

Back