• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RKT kit for 02 800?

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
Ok so I want to run the Rk Tech drop in kit on my 02 800 but I am a little skiddish for a few reasons.

11. Do not run the BR9ECS plug run the BR9EYA plugs (Arctic Cat) or BR9ES gap the plug @.020”
Why the different plugs? I thought you had to run the ECS plugs with the mpem?

12. PREMIX a 150:1 oil ratio in 1st tank of fuel. RKT Recommends to always premix at 150:1 in addition to your oil injection system. Break in engine with a mineral based oil and NEVER run ANY synthetic oil in this engine.> Ever!
Why Run mineral Oil? I was planning on running redline why not synthetic oil?

13. IMPORTANT: DO NOT USE ANY aftermarket silencer on this set-up. Use the stock pipe and muffler. This “kit” was not tested with any other pipe/silencer combination.

I bought my sled with an after market can! What now can I still run this kit?

Should I just run the MCB kit with a RK tech head?

D
Ok so I want to run the Rk Tech drop in kit on my 02 800 but I am a little skiddish for a few reasons.

11. Do not run the BR9ECS plug run the BR9EYA plugs (Arctic Cat) or BR9ES gap the plug @.020”
Why the different plugs? I thought you had to run the ECS plugs with the mpem?

12. PREMIX a 150:1 oil ratio in 1st tank of fuel. RKT Recommends to always premix at 150:1 in addition to your oil injection system. Break in engine with a mineral based oil and NEVER run ANY synthetic oil in this engine.> Ever!
Why Run mineral Oil? I was planning on running redline why not synthetic oil?

13. IMPORTANT: DO NOT USE ANY aftermarket silencer on this set-up. Use the stock pipe and muffler. This “kit” was not tested with any other pipe/silencer combination.

I bought my sled with an after market can! What now can I still run this kit?

Should I just run the MCB kit with a RK tech head?

-----------------------
CS... here's some info..

1. If you compare the BR9's with the ECS's, the plug is slightly longer, and my guess is with the RKT domes you need this length to have detonation closer to the piston at top dead center. Makes sense that it should give you a better burn. Never heard of don't run the 9's with the MPEM.

2. Synthetic oil has greater lube properties and there's an issue with the rings seating. Kelsey says that this motor will not meet it's potential with synthetic... the premix 150:1 is a good precaution.... no big deal and ensures there is always some oil in the cylinders. Most engine manufacturers also recommend mineral oil during initial break in period. Mineral Oil is also less expensive than syn lube.... Kelsey is watching our pocket books (kidding).

3. I'm running a ported 827 kit with twin JAWS race pipes at a higher RPM than Kelsey has tested, 8700 to 8900. The 827 engine is an animal compared to a ported 800 with the single ring pistons. Just make sure you gap your rings as per spec, and don't lose any cageless wrist pin bearings into the crank case when you take your top end apart.... it's all an easy installation and you won't be sorry. It will feel like you purchased a new sled.
Highly recommended..... Ps.... I'm also running high comp. heads and burning C14 to keep it running. The 827 rips.

Premium Features