• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RK Tek Big Bore 925

blackjack85335

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
Anyone have a RK TEK 925 Big bore on there M8? What are your thoughts and opinions? What do you like and don't like? Did you get the secondary clutch kit also? What about just the porting kit and billet head combo as well?

A

AKLankford

Oct 13, 2009
Wasilla, AK
Im sending my cylinders in tomorrow to get ported and as well I am getting the head kit too. I have not yet decided whether to get the RK secondary kit or go with MDS weights, keep hearing mixed opinions.

I was looking into the 925 BB but decided that the extra $1000 wasn't really worth the extra HP in my case.

BTW my sled is 08 M8 153 with minor mods done to engine (BDX box and MBRP can) and I am also riding at 0-3k.

I will let you know when I get mine put back together and which clutching i end up going with.

Hope this helps ya little, Good luck

M

m7ryder

Sep 26, 2009
9255BB

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276694

The llink above is a thread that was started and there were some people talking about the 925bb.

Personally myself i will be running the 925bb, 14:1 head. RKT secondary, cat weights, speedwerw 925 pipe, bondocker controller. Im hoping to see my stuff in about a month. This is going in my 09 m8 153.

Im looking forward to run this set up. I do like what kelsey does and with some input from a friend of a friend i made no hesitation to go RKT.

Last edited:

blackjack85335

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
AK thanks for the reply. I've decided to go with just the porting and billet head for now. I'm also looking into more info from cpc, bikeman, speedwerx and rk tek. I think itll be rk tek in the end though. What are you going to run for a pipe? Im going with a full slp kit, boyseen rad valves, pc v, and most likely a full clutch kit from rk tek. What are the octane requirements for your setup?

blackjack85335

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
M7 thanks for the reply. I think im going to hold off on the big bore for this season and see how it runs with just a bolt on setup. Where you ride at? What altitude? Im riding in southcentral alaska from 0-3000 ft. What are your octane requirements with your setup? What can you going with? Let me know if you find the speedwerx pipe easy to tune or if it requires constant tuning. I've heard different responses about the speedwerx pipe and how consistent it is. I'm interested to hear how your set up turns out and what you like and don't like. Thanks

A

AKLankford

Oct 13, 2009
Wasilla, AK
AK thanks for the reply. I've decided to go with just the porting and billet head for now. I'm also looking into more info from cpc, bikeman, speedwerx and rk tek. I think itll be rk tek in the end though. What are you going to run for a pipe? Im going with a full slp kit, boyseen rad valves, pc v, and most likely a full clutch kit from rk tek. What are the octane requirements for your setup?

Octane should be 90 (since thats all we get and the machine the head to use 90 octane at your elevation) but ask who ever is going to be doing the machine work for you. They'll be able to give you that info for sure.

M

m7ryder

Sep 26, 2009
blackjack...from all that i started to read and all that you were going to do to the sled, would it be cheaper and easier to just turbo it?

I was waiting for sommeone to say that. I take it you must ride a boosted sled?? Turbos are nice and i did have one. I sold it. Personaly now i will be waiting for a SOLID stand alone system. It will revolutionize the turbo industry, the old school fuel controllers will be obsolete. This is why myself and im sure others will not be turboing yet. Besides turbo a 925bb, im sure that will rip:face-icon-small-ton

M

m7ryder

Sep 26, 2009
M7 thanks for the reply. I think im going to hold off on the big bore for this season and see how it runs with just a bolt on setup. Where you ride at? What altitude? Im riding in southcentral alaska from 0-3000 ft. What are your octane requirements with your setup? What can you going with? Let me know if you find the speedwerx pipe easy to tune or if it requires constant tuning. I've heard different responses about the speedwerx pipe and how consistent it is. I'm interested to hear how your set up turns out and what you like and don't like. Thanks

I do all my riding in B.C. at elevations ranging from 5000-8000'. 14:1 with 91 octane will safely run above 5000'. I personally will be running a 25% mix of 100LL as a safety. The price does not matter to me, but i will be running safe. I run a MBRP can right now. I do know that Kelsey like Super Q.
I will let you know how it runs i also might try jaws twins on it as well. Im kinda curious how they will work.

Just a question can you upgrade to the 925 after the 15+ kit?? I cant see y not, it just ran through my head as a question to ask kelsey.

J

jimmylu800rmk

Nov 28, 2007
loveland co.
m7ryder you can do the bb after the +15 kit thats the set up i ran last year. with out porting. sent parts off for bb kit. talked with Kelsy before and all i needed was the bb domes. should be getting parts back any day now.

blackjack85335

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
Spiced I've considered the turbo route but for now I'm going to stick with porting and a head kit along with a few other goodies to boost the throttle response and give me a lil edge over some of the other guys I ride with round here. I might look into a turbo next season but I would also like to update from an 08 also. Im not sure which route im going in the future but a turbo is definetly not out of question. I'm looking forward to enjoying the coming season with a bolt on package and seeing how things pan out.

Premium Features