• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding Sled's in Ski Boots

Carbon77

Lifetime Membership
Jun 12, 2008
Yakivegas, WA
This is something I've always battled with (and my boots, knees, legs, everythingelsethathasslippedoffandhittherunningboards) Last year a guy on TGR suggested to get a set of these: http://www.overshoe.com/recreational/products/detail.php?s=VIS

VIS1.jpg

So the good: They are cheap, They work excellent and are a night and day difference between not having them on, and light.
Bad: PITA to put over ski boots (XXL barely fits over my full tilt 310mm boots) and they have been getting torn up all over the place by my running boards and I've only used them prob about 4 times, and I highly doubt the'll last til next season.

What do you guys use? :face-icon-small-coo

T

tahoermk

Nov 26, 2007
Tahoe
AT boots?

I run with my tele boots in a dry bag strapped to the gas rack until its time to ski. You may want to try and get some AT boots with vibram soles. My tele T1s dont slip around at all, kinda clunky, but doable because of the rubber soles. Its kinda the reason I snowboard more off the sled. just a thought.

R
Oct 18, 2010
I don't really ski in powder but I was going to say something similar. Use a dry type back and carry em in the back until you are gonna strap the skis on. I could imagine riding a sled in hardboots (even AT boots) could be quite challenging!

N
Apr 8, 2010
Newcastle, WA
Poppoff has done good after getting these with regular ski boots. Now before that is another story, nothing like hitting your shin so hard on the tunnel that it can be heard fifty feet away over the noise of your sled :p

Carbon77

Lifetime Membership
Jun 12, 2008
Yakivegas, WA
I don't really ski in powder but I was going to say something similar. Use a dry type back and carry em in the back until you are gonna strap the skis on. I could imagine riding a sled in hardboots (even AT boots) could be quite challenging!
I guess that would work once you actually get to the zone, It's just a PITA to carry 2 sets of boots too.

You don't really ski in powder!?!?!?

R
Oct 18, 2010
Haha nope, i can't i'm not good enough on two planks! I ride the single fat ski when the snow is good ;)

It may be nice to be able to kick off the ski boots when you finish skiing though, get into something more comfy for the ride back to the lot

S
Nov 27, 2007
G town
There is this new product out a couple of years ago, it really is quiet amazing you can sled so well with the boots on alot of sledders choose them and it also rides pow way better then skis,
check out snowboards there new

D
Sep 19, 2008
Sandy, UT
I've always used AT boots. I've never tried it but it seems like sledding in normal alpine boots would really blow. AT boots get better and better every season it seems. I'm pretty sure I'm getting Dalbello Virus for this season. Excellent front/rear movement when you want and from what people are saying they ski pretty well on the way down.

The vibram soles on my Spirit 3s are pretty trashed after 2 season of sledding though.

Premium Features