• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding in the little belts--thread retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
well today was a great first ride! drove all the way from choteau in really bad blowing snow. almost got stuck on a dirt road goin to a buddy's house. we loaded up from there and headed up. ran up to weather wax and played there for a bit and in the trees. from there we jumped over to the opposite ridge and followed it to god knows where and droped into a hell hole where my dad found a rock on the way down and became a human lawn dart( no injuries or anything broken). deep snow at the bottom and did a little climbing and played around there. then came the fun part. trying to get back up. first two made it, no problem...then came the mtn max's turn. spun out on the rocks and rolled her down. repeated this process multiple times lol and one time resulted in it running down the hill and into the trees without its jockey. after 3 hours of trying to get it out and pound a trail out we got it up 3/4 of the way and pulled it the rest of the way. went some direction down into a creek bottom and found AWSOME snow. played there for a while and poped out somewhere between jefferson bowl and weather wax. dropped into jefferson and went into the creek bottom and found some more awsome snow! roads were HORRIBLE on the way home and cars in the ditch everywhere near Belt. 4 place enclosed trailer makes a good sail and we got blown sideways a couple of times but we recovered.....pucker factor was about a 9.3. droped us off at our truck and discovered our trailer lights were out due to a short somewhere thanks to busting drifts that moring. all in all it was a great day! only 1 bent shock and maby an A arm thanks to a couple trees my sled tried to hunp and one set of fu*&^# up handlebars on the mtn crap.
here are some pics and vids i took. (camera froze up so i dont have many pics on it, most are still in the phone)
004.jpg

005.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

well today was a great first ride! drove all the way from choteau in really bad blowing snow. almost got stuck on a dirt road goin to a buddy's house. we loaded up from there and headed up. ran up to weather wax and played there for a bit and in the trees. from there we jumped over to the opposite ridge and followed it to god knows where and droped into a hell hole where my dad found a rock on the way down and became a human lawn dart( no injuries or anything broken). deep snow at the bottom and did a little climbing and played around there. then came the fun part. trying to get back up. first two made it, no problem...then came the mtn max's turn. spun out on the rocks and rolled her down. repeated this process multiple times lol and one time resulted in it running down the hill and into the trees without its jockey. after 3 hours of trying to get it out and pound a trail out we got it up 3/4 of the way and pulled it the rest of the way. went some direction down into a creek bottom and found AWSOME snow. played there for a while and poped out somewhere between jefferson bowl and weather wax. dropped into jefferson and went into the creek bottom and found some more awsome snow! roads were HORRIBLE on the way home and cars in the ditch everywhere near Belt. 4 place enclosed trailer makes a good sail and we got blown sideways a couple of times but we recovered.....pucker factor was about a 9.3. droped us off at our truck and discovered our trailer lights were out due to a short somewhere thanks to busting drifts that moring. all in all it was a great day! only 1 bent shock and maby an A arm thanks to a couple trees my sled tried to hunp and one set of fu*&^# up handlebars on the mtn crap.
here are some pics and vids i took. (camera froze up so i dont have many pics on it, most are still in the phone)

Sounds and looks like you dropped into Shidu...only way out is usually the way you came in....fun riding tho...nice pics:D

Sounds and looks like you dropped into Shidu...only way out is usually the way you came in....fun riding tho...nice pics:D

they need to rename it **** hole! i knew it was going to be interesting when i droped in. i was scraping snow off rocks left and right.

cajun, glad you got out of the hole OK. We usually wait for a good base before venturing in there.

Was going to go up Sunday but weenied out when they were forecasting 60 mph winds. The Belt highway is enough of a beetch when the snow blows. You should see the drifts I have around the barn. Did many go up?

Looking at New Years, I guess.

Reactions: XXL
I think we got more snow here in town then on our hill. Guess it's funner to shovel then sled--NOT. The weather man is promising 6-12 inches in the mountains this time around...

I messed around a little bit by Neihart, its crappy. Lots of landmines and I hit dirt quite often when I got on it. I didnt go up top because of the winds blowing 50mph at the cabin. These past few days of warmer weather will settle the fluf up there into a nice base. Pray for more snow

I wont be up there this weekend, heading to Cooke City for a hillclimb race. Anyone care to join?

Boss

We are riding tomorrow. Cook out at the Groomer Hause. Dogs and Chili. Meeting in the parking lot at 10AM. Chow between 12-2PM See ya all there. Everyone is welcome.

Chili dog day at the Groomer Haus

Ok here are a couple pictures of the feed at the Groomer Haus.

The guys on the right helped me get unstuck. All I can say is Yamaha guys make good traction. The first guy I ran over. If you see this thanks for the help.
Chili2.jpg

The next two are just peopl at the feed. It was a ground blizzard when we left. Should be some good snow.
chili3.jpg

Chili1.jpg

Ok here are a couple pictures of the feed at the Groomer Haus.

The guys on the right helped me get unstuck. All I can say is Yamaha guys make good traction. The first guy I ran over. If you see this thanks for the help.
Chili2.jpg

were those two guys from conrad? lol i think i know them! ha ha

OK, get them to look at this site
Maybe get involved. Nice guys to ride with learning the area.
One guy rode with a passanger all day and rocked.
I think they had fun with us old farts
I wear a Jersey that is
"SUMMER SUCKS"

BLACKSUMMIT on back

We are riding tomorrow. Cook out at the Groomer Hause. Dogs and Chili. Meeting in the parking lot at 10AM. Chow between 12-2PM See ya all there. Everyone is welcome.

Blacksummit,
Remember about 5 yrs ago on New Years ( chili at the groom haus) when I hit that branch and broke my nose? That was a fun day! Ahh, memories!

Reactions: XXL
Ah Ryan those were good days. Remember going off the trail and us having to hoist your sled back up the mountain.

Fuzz stuck in Lincoln. No that I have never seen here. Just got most of the snow moved and it is snowing again. Wish I had my sled. Wish I had two sleds then I could just leave one here.

I've got to go to Seeley for a couple of days but will be back for the weekend. Need to take some stuff to cabin and check out the snow over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features

Back