• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding in the little belts--thread retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
Wasnt up this weekend, was at Seeley. Looks like a few inches of new according to the Snotel and couple inches in my yard. Jeff has been keeping the trails groomed really good so you should have a good ride.
Where ya from?

Minnesoooota, I actually live in Minneapolis right now. I have a brother who lives in Belt, so we stay with him and have a great weekend. We bring out some short track phazers and those are a riot to piss around on. Basically we look like a garage sale with all of our crappy sleds, but we have a great time. This will be the 3rd year we do this trip. Sort of a PG trip in terms of riding, but it is fun to do it with family. Not sure where we are going to put in at, usually we either unload in the parking lot to the north of showdown, or there is also a small lot on the south side of it. thanks for your input.

Marty, dont know if I'll be here or at Seeley but if I see you I will holler. This is my 40th year of snowmobiing and I can still remember the old "beaters" we used to ride. Of course they were the newest thing then. (might take us all day to get out of Jefferson with the 340 or 440). Whenever I see someone with an "oldie" I say "ah yes I remember it well". Dont care what folks ride as long as they have good time. that's what it's all about.:p

My son is now living in Rochester, his wife is nurse at Mayo.

Fuzz

Last edited:
We saw a bunch of old phasers and exciters ride through Moose park while we were taking a break by the cabins. Was that you guys riding without helmuts?

Reactions: XXL
No, that would not be us. We all have helmets and you couldn't pay me enough to own an exciter. For some reason I think the phazers are fun as hell, but am glad it isn't an exciter. I think growing up anyone I knew who had an exciter had more problems than good things. Plus this coming weekend will be the only one we will be there this year.

Fuzz, small world about Rochester. The kid I go out west with when I do non family trips, his sister lives in Rochester. Not that really makes a difference, but still sort of interesting.

Two of us went up yesterday afternoon and found some good play areas. It looked like it was going to be clear up there but stayed kind of hazy till just before dark.

friday the 13th 005-1.jpg friday the 13th 001-2.JPG

Got off to a late start today, Fog had vis down to 100 feet or less so waited for it to lift some. Had sun at the hill and Parking lot about half full.
Kathy took a wrong turn and I went to get her turned around and buried the 8 big time. After about a half hour of digging some guys from Bozeman came along and helped me out. (in 5 minutes) Didnt think to ask if they were Snowesters but if you read this, Thanks again.
Found plenty of snow off the beaten path but once thru the crust it is sugar all the way to the dirt.

Anybody going up on President's Day ? I'm thinking of going up tomorrow if I can find someone to ride with. I've got the day off but my ridin buddies have to work.

Last edited:
skooter- rode in the harley park area. just got back from seeley lake, conditions are better a kings hill, pretty much a wasted trip.

givemeaboost- wish I would have stayed in town and rode with you today. I see you got the rx1 going. maybe we can ride next weekend.

Seely Lake Area wasn't impressed Stay In Kings Hill

Me and SnoCrazy89 hit seely the last 2 days. We are new to the area. I’ve ridden Kings Hill for the last few weeks and all of last year. The snow in Seely was a combination of hard packed snow and ice.
We hit the trails on the east side and they were blocked by avalanches. I will post pictures later. We rode out to cozy cabin had a drink or two and proceeded to hit the west side across the highway.
There were a lot of bare spots and a lot of the snow was hard packed and had patches of Ice. We continued on headed over to Marshall Lake. We finally started getting soft powder snow higher up in the elevations.
What we saw we weren’t impressed. I guess I’m too accustom to Kings Hill and have been spoiled by its snow. Riding on the roads to get to main trail heads were burning up the highfax on our sleds. If you like replacing highfax every 50 miles head to Seely Lake and its trail system of streets.
Anyway that’s my opinion of the area I was hoping for better, heard all these great things about Seely and I came out disappointed.

Save your gas and the wear on your sleds for Kings Hill. I came out of seely with a broken sled and broken ribs. Rolled my Sled of a 7ft Logging road ICE bank tried to stop but slid off the bank in the wrong angel. The heating and cooling up in seely is creating a nasty mess.

:(

What's going on with this thread ? It's awful quiet. Oh, I saw a wolf on Divide Road last Friday when we went up. It looked like it was as long as my sled. Now I know why the deer were so scarce during hunting season.

too bad

it is too bad u couldnt have run the sumbich over. they are the worst investment. one million dollars a piece to get them here and in the end it will cost many million a piece to get rid of them. should be fun when we finally get to though.:cool: oh well for now we will keep feedin them until they eat a greeny or their child and then we might get some backup.

p.s. where is divide road?

Hey sledcrazy55-

Looks like ya got a bada$$ sled. We should meet up in the belts someday and see how she runs. I ran one like that on Musselshell back in '05 or '06. Won't say the outcome tho. I don't like hurtin feelings. :D

fun to ride

i think it is a badass sled. gets a little bit heavy when the snow is hard but when i ask for it it is there. i get smoked up at musselshell by 600's but not until the last third. once she gets in deep is when she shines. i cant imagine ridin a 174. it must be unstoppable. the next thing i need to do is gear mine down. my max mph reads 91. it was fun to go that fast but i like playin more. i think we will be up there sunday. we unload up spring creek. watch for my 900 and a black shift. we are usually together with a few other riders.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features

Back