• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding in the little belts--thread retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
Was up Saturday riding and besides the hard crusty snow, the wind snapped a tree off on the trail to spur park. Picture shows the wind blowing the snow dust around. :eek:

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

We had pretty decent riding yesterday. Went toward Monument peak. The farther we went the better the snow was. No other tracks on the road or trails. Took a couple of pics....

PICT3859.jpg

PICT3861.jpg

PICT3867.jpg

Nice pictures. Sorry we missed you all. There were lots of folks up there yesterday. Was starting to think our group is a bit small yesterday....Anyone else have a sled that likes to roll over??

1st ride out......
IMG_1247.jpg

2nd time over
IMG_1328-1.jpg

3rd time - (yesterday) was a bugger....
IMG_1354.jpg

Nice pictures. Sorry we missed you all. There were lots of folks up there yesterday. Was starting to think our group is a bit small yesterday....Anyone else have a sled that likes to roll over??

1st ride out......
IMG_1247.jpg

2nd time over
IMG_1328-1.jpg

3rd time - (yesterday) was a bugger....
IMG_1354.jpg

Nice pics from you guys. Maybe put some training wheels on that sled?? Wish tipping over was my only problem yesterday...snagged something with my track and tore it:eek: and we leave for Cooke City next week...

looks like a lot of fun!
hey 800poodragon,
when you guys headin down to cooke? we are headin down thursday. dont you ride with hotboat?

looks like a lot of fun!
hey 800poodragon,
when you guys headin down to cooke? we are headin down thursday. dont you ride with hotboat?

We leave Wednesday morning Feb. 11 and come back Saturday Feb 14th. Will be Hotboat, five others plus me....:D:beer;

sweet! well tell eric ill be there! be on the look out for an orange REV and a tall guy with an orange Klim jacket.
cheers!
Hayden

Sorry to hear bout the track tear...800PooDragon. Hope you get it fixed in time. Always want things perfect for Cooke. :face-icon-small-dis

Rode saturday. I thought the snow sucked. It takes a lot to please the 174" though. Windy as h3ll too. I'll be heading else where until it dumps on us. :devil:

Went out Saturday and the roads were horrible all the way out, coming back they were clear & dry. Found some soft powdery snow without any wind, tho..so it was all worth it.

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

The Big Belt Mountains are located to the east of Helena, Montana, which is the state capital. They are difficult to miss as the rise abruptly up from the valley floor with a vertical rise of more than 5000 feet in some places. The Big Belt Mountains, lying as they do to the east of the continental divide, are more arid than the mountains found just to the west on the other side of the continental divide. Instead of having thick forests over much of their sides, the Big Belt Mountains have expansive areas of open meadows, grass and exposed rock. As they are a tall mountain range, many areas of the Big Belt Mountains are also over timberline.

The Little Belt Mountains lie to the east of the Big Belt Mountains and to the south and east of Great Falls, Montana. Despite what their name suggests, these are a sizable mountain range. Smaller mountains are located on the western side of this range (to the west of Belt Creek), while much taller mountains dominate the skyline on the eastern side of the Little Belt Range.

The Little Belt Mountains are heavily forested in most areas, in contrast to the more open atmosphere found in the Big Belt Mountains. Use of the Little Belt Mountains is somewhat higher than the Big Belt Mountains. A popular ski area, Showdown Ski Area, lies at the pass on Highway 89. The mountains also draw lots of campers and day hikers from Great Falls, which is nearby.

How are the trails in the little belts right now? We are coming out this weekend for a family trip and we generally ride the trails because of either grand parents or kids. Once in a while we get off trail, but not much. I was just curious what the trails are like. I know there hasn't been new snow to talk about but am just looking for a little info?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features

Back