• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding in the little belts--thread retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
Went to the musselshell warming hut yesterday. The snow was blown off at spur park. Found some decent snow above ant park. Seems like there is better snow on the other side of the highway.

Reactions: XXL
The Day

Hank I have about 200 miles on her. I also love my XP. We were in some deep powder today behind Island park and she floated on it like it was hard pack. Here are a couple pictures from today. 13 of us. To many in one group but it was still fun.

crew.jpg

tippoFuzz.jpg

hows the snow

i was just curious how the snow was up kings hill way. a couple of us are thinking about heading up that way this weekend. we unload up spring creek and then play on either side of the highway depending on where the good snow is. this will be my first ride of the year so i cant barely take it.

went up today with the wife from the South Fork side,the hole across from the pwrlines east of Spur park slid pretty good. All the way thru the trees even!
100_3128.jpg

100_3126.jpg

100_3129.jpg

Last edited:
wow

that doesnt look like it would have been much fun. we were up in that area but never went over and looked into that hole yesterday late afternoon. we turned around right above that. last year we had a guy that made it up in that chute quite a ways and ended up ghost riding his dragon down through the trees. glad we werent there when that slide happened. thanks for the pics and hopefully we get some more snow.

Nice pics guys.

Not sure how to take pics of the nite sky, but WOW! We were doing some nite riding Friday and stopped at Jefferson bowl and it was amazing. The milkyway was just above us great view from Jefferson. Anyone know what that one bright star is...mars??? It really lite up things, otherwise we would be in the dark.

lites

Skooter,
Are you sure that wasn't me on my Shift (aka F-117) with afterburners engaged? J/k with ya, but that is what I refer to my Shift as. :) We had an awesome day and didn't see one rider or tracks in "the good spots". Feel free to come ride with us. Heck, maybe we should just ride with you?

Nice pics guys.

Not sure how to take pics of the nite sky, but WOW! We were doing some nite riding Friday and stopped at Jefferson bowl and it was amazing. The milkyway was just above us great view from Jefferson. Anyone know what that one bright star is...mars??? It really lite up things, otherwise we would be in the dark.

Nice meeting you two up there that day...rest of the crew is always in such a hurry to go somewhere didn't get to visit much. Visit more next time. We will be up again this Friday and Saturday nite. Same place. Probably wife and me Friday nite and a crew Saturday nite. You are right, the stars Friday night were awesome...we were sitting on top of weatherwax watching them for awhile. You could sure see a long way with no moon out.:beer;:beer;:D:D

800POODRAGON, Good to meet up with ya, totally get the whole gotta go thing. Daylight was burning. Nite riding was awesome, but it was in areas we know by heart or trail.....can't do much when ya can't see.

We stopped by the cabin on our way out, but you all must have been out eating. Did you go to the Doe?? Have a pair of goggles riding on it. hee hee.

Hope to see ya up there again this week. Here's hoping for some powdery snow.

Nice pics guys.

i was under the impression that the bright one is hubble, the space telescope??

800POODRAGON, Good to meet up with ya, totally get the whole gotta go thing. Daylight was burning. Nite riding was awesome, but it was in areas we know by heart or trail.....can't do much when ya can't see.

We stopped by the cabin on our way out, but you all must have been out eating. Did you go to the Doe?? Have a pair of goggles riding on it. hee hee.

Hope to see ya up there again this week. Here's hoping for some powdery snow.

Dinner Friday nite was at Bobs bar....sorry about the goggles..here are a couple of pics I took Friday...

PICT3815.jpg

took this one right after you passed us on the trail the second time...

PICT3825.jpg

stop in and visit..we will be around up there Friday thru Sunday..:D

goinvertical,
I guess it could have been the "unstoppable Shift", it was pretty dark. I'm thinking you ride on the otherside of the mountain by the pictures..not sure though.

800POODRAGON,
Nice pictures!! Not to worry, that was a pretty small bet. We usually bet bigger. :face-icon-small-ton We took about the same pic, but later

IMG_1329.jpg

goinvertical,
I guess it could have been the "unstoppable Shift", it was pretty dark. I'm thinking you ride on the otherside of the mountain by the pictures..not sure though.

:) Not even the "other side of the mountain" can obstruct the view of the night sky, if I am at altitude... Boy am I full of it or what? :beer;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features

Back