• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding in the little belts--thread retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
Talked to justin in seeley at Kurts and he said they got another 9 inches last night and today,should be good over there too.

I am in Lincoln ton of snow here. Has not stopped snowing all week. Warm weather and big snow. I think 3 ft on the flat in town. Been coming here since 2000 never seen this before. Up high has to be great. Have to go to GT Falls tomorrow but will return Thursday with my sleds. Our neighbor had to hire a huge front end loader to plow the road. Nice thing is he did all of our roads kinda. Big help. Have a 4-wheeler and it is about useless now. Snow here. Ya Hoo

I will tell you tomorrow about noon when I go over it to get my sleds.
You bringing the 600 RMK (hers) with you. My wife is coming to ride Saturday. I am riding alone Friday but will hook up with some guys in town.

I just got home from Lincoln. From the pass to Great Falls good the other way not so. Rained all night in Lincoln and it is a mess. No riding there this weekend for me. Suppose to be warm and rain for the next couple days.

how much snow have they lost? im suposed to be goin to missoula tomorrow, how are the roads from lincoln on?

Not sure on the roads but I am guessing they are good. It was 35 and climbing when I left this AM. Snow loss hard to tell rain low snow high. There was a bunch there so any loss won't be noticed should help settle this powder.

Snow

Snow is great in Lincoln. Rode Huckleberry on Saturday. On Sunday rode up to the Stonewall lookout to see the wind damage!! You can get into Copper Creek bowls BUT DON"T CLIMB. Stay in the tree's

This is a Little Belt thread but since Seeley was mentioned I'll give you an update.
Went over yesterday, hit rain at Rogers Pass all the way to Seeley. Road was a sheitty mess, couple of inches of snow pack then rain which turned it to chunkyholey crap for 60 miles (at 45 miles an hour it would bounce you off the road). It snowed Tuesday nite at Seeley but by the time I arrived Wed noon it was a holy mess. It rained the rest of Wed afternoon and thru the nite. This morning still raining and snow was mush. (at least I got the hang ceiling done in the basement bedroom) They had bladed the road from the cabin to town and with the water standing on it this A.m. it took me nearly a half hour to slide the 6 miles to town. (with studded tires) Road was slicker than greased owl crap and you know how slick that can be. Highway back thru Lincoln was much better with most of hard slop gone but poured rain till this side of Rogers Pass.
Bad news is the stuff down low is slop. Good news - it really dumped up high. (85 inches at Jocko but lost 7 inches at Kraft Creek) Have to see what its like when it freezes tonite. (I'll post this on a Seeley thread)

Little Belts:
Snotel at Spur shows several inches of new and temps in 30's. 43 degrees at Monarch hill. I may get courageous and go take a look tomorrow or Saturday. Supposed to have snow tonite so we'll see.

This weather sucks. Fuzz

Last edited:
is spur park the spring creek area? if so it is pretty good havent made it up to higgens yet but mussle shell hill is decent. it is good riding would not hesitate to go up there. been up there 5 time already this season.

was at Higgens last Sunday and it was pretty good. Friend of mine was up there yesterday and said it was good...we are going up tomorrow and will see how it is after tonite:beer;:D:D

was at Higgens last Sunday and it was pretty good. Friend of mine was up there yesterday and said it was good...we are going up tomorrow and will see how it is after tonite:beer;:D:D

Hi 800poodragon, we must have just missed you. We were at Higgins on Sunday...I thought it was freezing...the snow was weird...we would stop and then UMPF...we would sink. Play areas closer to the parking lot were warmer....

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

Last edited:
We will have a crew riding Sunday. The parking lot at 10AM if anyone wants to tag along. Red Superduty white enclosed trailor. Red truck white snow cap trailor should be parked close by.

Hi 800poodragon, we must have just missed you. We were at Higgins on Sunday...I thought it was freezing...the snow was weird...we would stop and then UMPF...we would sink. Play areas closer to the parking lot were warmer....

Yep...remember seeing you two on the trail between ant park and the "four corners" toward weatherwax. You were coming back and we were heading toward Higgins. Was leading with about 7 more behind me. Nice pics...yesterday I was up again with Eric and Alan...Alan suprised my with his new XP he just got. Best powder of the day was around Higgins again....was deep and fun. Will try to post a couple pics later..:D

Had good ride with T&J today. Went out to Island Park and Williams. Plenty of deep snow but you can get buried. Like the Powerclaw more every time.

Went up today it was much warmer...lots of trenching. Hope we get lots of snow to fill those trenches in
IMG_1322.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features

Back