• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding in Haynes??

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
Who has been to Haynes? A couple of us are interested in taking a road trip for a week.

Any body done it? I am looking for the lodging, fuel, beer, food, beer, and good info on the riding..:beer;

R

RMK SeVeN

Nov 27, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
You mean Haines??

Sorry, just poking fun!! Don't have any info on Haines. Let us know what you find out though. (Still seems early)

G
Dec 1, 2007
Girdwood, Alaska
Who has been to Haynes? A couple of us are interested in taking a road trip for a week.

Any body done it? I am looking for the lodging, fuel, beer, food, beer, and good info on the riding..:beer;

It is awsome riding, like turrny/ Placier, but without the people. When a few of us heli board down there we usaly stay at the fort seward condo's. Its a
165$ a night, but you can be loud and no one cares. Lynn View lodge is a cool place to stay as well, and it is cheaper I think it is like 95$ a night.

For booze Alaskan liquor store is good, they have everything. Quick shop sells alch as well along with another place... forget the name.

I take a motorhome now when we go.... sence we have been thrown out of almost every place there lol, and it is easier just to stay in the parkinglot by the heli pad.

The Haines and Tanana state forrests are both open for snowmachining, you can jam up the logging roads if they are not plowed and go almost anywere.

Take gas with you, you will save about .75-1$ a gallon that way

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
Gutter. When is the best time to go? I am assuming spring. It's hard to leave Valdez then.

We are thinking about putting together a Bull-Run with a few people. Of course if Doug goes we would include just one Cow.

G
Dec 1, 2007
Girdwood, Alaska
I have been there in january a few times snowboarding and it was okay, but end of feb to may seems to be the best. Same as everywere else.

Get a avy backpack if you don't have one. A few places are far worse than turrny.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
I bought an ABS bag last spring in Jackson. I was there supporting Doug, John, And Stan. Oh and my liver..

Speaking of Jackson. Doug I still have a few photos and videos to share, I will figure out how to get them to you and Curt.

Premium Features