• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding around Lolo Pass

B

Buckshot700

Thinking of going to Lolo Pass areathis winter snowmobiling, have never been there before just wondering what it's like, places to eat and stay. I have been to Yellowstone, island park, and cooke city, just want to head a little further west this year and try some new area out. Thanks

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

5 miles from the Pass on the Montana side is the Lolo Hot Springs Resort.

They have rentals, trail maps, accommodations, rooms, bar, restaurant, geothermal swimming. (indoor and out).

The trails and meadow riding is really nice. It's great family riding.
There are a couple hundred miles of groomed trails. It usually is groomed on Thursdays.
If you are up for some more advanced riding, you can find it, but be careful to the south near Beaver Ridge. There are closures around that.

Connected to that trail system on both sides of the highway you'll find the Idaho side, just down about 10 miles, has Lochsa Lodge, which is very similar in accommodations as Lolo Hot Springs.
However, I don't think there is any swimming at Lochsa Lodge.

Thanks. Not really looking for family type of riding, looking for more the type of riding like what's around Cooke

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Premium Features

Back