• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rexnord Aurora or Borg Warner??

skank

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Mountain View, Wyoming 82939
I have the option of putting either setup in my g5. (2021 turbo BG hyvo , or 2023 Lynx RA)
Which one is stronger? The R.A. Setup Is much narrower than the B.W. Hyvo and I assume not as strong but I have never ran the RA before.
Anyone have any insight on this?
Thanks

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
I have the option of putting either setup in my g5. (2021 turbo BG hyvo , or 2023 Lynx RA)
Which one is stronger? The R.A. Setup Is much narrower than the B.W. Hyvo and I assume not as strong but I have never ran the RA before.
Anyone have any insight on this?
Thanks

All your going to get is people’s opinions and zero facts. There has been failures with both of those options and what came stock with your sled that you want to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skank

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
All your going to get is people’s opinions and zero facts. There has been failures with both of those options and what came stock with your sled that you want to change.

Very true. But I do know at least that my 20.5, 21, and 22 turbos never had a chain or gear problem or excessive stretching with the hyvo. And I hammered on those puppies! I Would like to know if the Rexnord Aurora is as good or better because it is much lighter.

Last edited:

skank

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Fixed it for you.

The rexnord chains are the chain that have been breaking.
We know from the past the hyvo works and is reliable.

Not completely correct. The Rexnord std silent style is the one that is failing all of us. The Rexnord Aurora is the one that comes in the Lynx and is much different and is apparently what is going to come in all the 24’s next year. It’s a hyvo style but only 11 plates wide instead of the 13 wide Borg Warner hyvo.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Not completely correct. The Rexnord std silent style is the one that is failing all of us. The Rexnord Aurora is the one that comes in the Lynx and is much different and is apparently what is going to come in all the 24’s next year. It’s a hyvo style but only 11 plates wide instead of the 13 wide Borg Warner hyvo.

I know the difference in the three. My comment was directed at the rexnord name in general.
Some guys are having issues with the rexnord silent chain, and the Aurora, some are not at all.
You asked for advice on what you should install That’s up to you, I chose Hyvo based on it has worked in the past and has easily taken 200+ hp.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Very true. But I do know at least that my 20.5, 21, and 22 turbos never had a chain or gear problem or excessive stretching with the hyvo. And I hammered on those puppies! I Would like to know if the Rexnord Aurora is as good or better because it is much lighter.

You say its lighter, How much is that weight value and what is it lighter than? The sSilent chain or Aurora?
The rexnord silent chain and sprocket set is only 4oz lighter than hyvo. I weighed them myself when I did the swap.

E
Dec 19, 2007
Any way to get a side by side photo of the two? I doubt as well that an 11 plate is stronger than a 13. Just curious to see the differences in an Aurora chain vs. the HYVO. Know a lot of people around here still waiting for chains, gears, covers, and other associated parts... Like most...

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
I wrote about this quite awhile back on if there where Hyvo chain issues prior to my 23 to leave a comment,I don’t remember anyone leaving a negative response

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
When have there been a HYVO failure on a doo lately? That’s very rare if it did happen.

Last Thursday at 3pm to be exact… Seen two doos heli out of the back country due to destroyed chaincases. Rare? Sure but it happens.

Point was buddy is not going to get a straight answer from anybody that actually knows any factual information of which one is “better”

Premium Features