• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rev track extension help

Hi, I'm a new user to the sight. I have read the forums for quite some time and finally decided to join. I'm working on swapping my stock 151 track on my 2005 rev 800 for a 159x16x2.3. My question is what is the best method for doing so. Is it extending the rails with a rail extension or moving the skid/suspension back? What are the pros/cons of both. Thanks for any help or input you may have.

I would either use extensions or another set of rails. If you slide the skid back it will make for heavy ski pressure and you will lose transfer. You would be looking at 4 inches back, that's too much to just slide the skid back. In fact, I have one good rail from my 159 XRS, if you could find another it yours just pay shipping.

159 2.3"

The 159" rails are the elegant solution, agreed 100%. Extensions of 3.78" would be a good alternative, fully functional and plenty strong. I also agree that moving the skid back on this machine would have a poor outcome.

Do not overlook that to have a track taller than 2.0" in the 2005 you need smaller drivers. The factory went with 9T to make the 2.25" work in that machine. 2" stock was 10T. Both were 2.52 pitch.

Sorry eddy, I think I gave you negative rep on accident. Damn fat fingers on an iPhone.

Anywho, checkout tracks USA rail extensions. Awesome product. In have bought 3 sets for 3 different sleds and loved them!

Sorry eddy, I think I gave you negative rep on accident. Damn fat fingers on an iPhone.

Anywho, checkout tracks USA rail extensions. Awesome product. In have bought 3 sets for 3 different sleds and loved them!

I gave eddy a positive to help offset the negative error...lol.

The 159" rails are the elegant solution, agreed 100%. Extensions of 3.78" would be a good alternative, fully functional and plenty strong. I also agree that moving the skid back on this machine would have a poor outcome.

Do not overlook that to have a track taller than 2.0" in the 2005 you need smaller drivers. The factory went with 9T to make the 2.25" work in that machine. 2" stock was 10T. Both were 2.52 pitch.

Thanks everyone for the input. My sled is in storage so I can't check on the drivers.... But to clarify, if my sled came with stock 2" paddles it has the 10 tooth not the 9?

Thanks everyone for the input. My sled is in storage so I can't check on the drivers.... But to clarify, if my sled came with stock 2" paddles it has the 10 tooth not the 9?

Yes, the 151's had 10 tooth and the 159's had 9 tooth.

So the 9 tooth would clear taller 2.32" lugs? How labor intensive is it to swap the drivers once the track is off? Thanks

Yep, the 06 had that exact set-up out of the crate. Driver swap is simple, the drive shaft is out anyway, mark where the old drivers are now and press off old, press on new, BOOM done.

Track up grade

If I was u I would just stay with the 159x16x2 you will gain a lot with that track in deep snow.If your not going to put more hp under the hood the 2 inch will work well and a cheap change.Just my 2 cents.

Premium Features

Back