• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rev Steering post question

D
Jun 1, 2004
Big Lake, Minnesota
I have a 2006 800x Summit 151. I went to move the handle bars so they were standing more upright this year. Well found out cannot move the bars any more forward. There appears to be a stop of some sort on the steering post that will not allow the riser to move forward any more. Well that is frustrating so I was going to grind off the stop off the steering post so I can move the handle bars to wear I want them. Just wanted to make sure that is ok and it will not screw anything up. Thanks.

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
go for it... that just helps so when they come loose and you smash em, they dont hit the gauges. I managed to bend the tab totally off on a nosedive in which I had a healthy dose of the bars in the chest.

Honestly, i think having it gone has the benefit of the bars will give if you hit em hard enough instead of stopping!

B
Nov 16, 2008
Use a grinder with a cutoff wheel instead of a grinding wheel. Will be faster and less mess. You can also aim the cuttings away from the sled better with a cut off wheel. Keep an extinguisher near by your gas tank vent is close!

C

crashleroux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO but they shipped me to Pocatello
Yep for sure get rid of the stop, mines been gone since day one. I did break the bottom rung out of my 8"riser when I tested to see how flat the bars would fold forward.:D

The other thing you can try if you want to go even farther forward is you can unbolt the post where it is in the aluminum curve of the upper A part of the frame, use the existing front hole for the back bolt and drill you a new one for the other bolt. You will have to take the plastic cover off the cowl to go back together, but it will move the post about another 2" forward, I love mine that way but I'm also a short 6'4"

Good Luck

D
Jun 1, 2004
Big Lake, Minnesota
I thought I could remove it without it being a big deal. Had a 03 Renegade that I put a 6" riser on and made the bars more straight. I hit the bars many times and have gone over them but they never moved. crashleroux I have heard of people moving the steering post forward more and liking it. I may look at doing that this summer when I have to replace some of the plastic up front that broke from hitting a tree. I wish a was a short 6'4" I am only 5'7". Thanks for the input the stop will definitely be gone before next year.

Premium Features