• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rev reed boots on zx?

M
Oct 25, 2012
Livingston, Mt
i need new reed boots on my 01 summit, after talking with a friend he has a set of rev reed boots that he could give me. my question is what happens if you delete the boost bottle or what ever the bottle is that fits to the 01 boots, and just run the straight rev boots will it cause any problems with my 01?

jheitzman

Lifetime Membership
Jun 18, 2011
Milltown, SD
I pulled the boost bottles off mine and didn't Notice a difference. Not really sure what they're supposed to do but I figured there's a reason the newer ones didn't have them.

Josh

Reactions: MX877

jheitzman

Lifetime Membership
Jun 18, 2011
Milltown, SD
I also did some digging in my parts boxes and found some reed boots for an 800 ho they went to a W design instead of the older V design. More surface area of reed petals so they don't hafta flex open as far.

Josh

M
Oct 25, 2012
Livingston, Mt
So the new boots are similar to the v force style for the 01? Could it be the different design made up for the difference in how far the 01 reeds open with the boost bottle compared to the rev ones that don't use the bottle?

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
the boost bottles were used on those because of the nonadjustable needle and nonreplaceable needle jets in those carbs. they were to solve any transition issues in the overlay transitions from each circuit. pilot to needle (slide cut away), needle to needle jet, needle jet to main jet.

Reactions: MX877
Premium Features