• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rescue of 2 snowmobilers

This tells the story of two snowmobilers that were caught in faster than forecast changing weather. With 50 mph+ winds and near zero visibility. They had the right gear with them to enable them to spend 2 nights in a snow cave that they dug.

The intent of sharing this video is to use it as a teaching tool and to encourage others to take survival gear with them into the back country. And know how to use it.

The video is 32 minutes in length. Please share it with your friends and fellow riders.

http://youtu.be/OCaYy6UJNO0

Thanks. My pack has gotten pretty heavy with all my basic avy stuff, snivel gear, first aid stuff and survival gear. Every time I look at stuff and think, "I don't need that, I'm just riding local" I Imagine a night in the woods and how much more it would suck without that piece of gear or needing to help an injured rider and not having what I need to help them. Or myself.

Thanks. My pack has gotten pretty heavy with all my basic avy stuff, snivel gear, first aid stuff and survival gear. Every time I look at stuff and think, "I don't need that, I'm just riding local" I Imagine a night in the woods and how much more it would suck without that piece of gear or needing to help an injured rider and not having what I need to help them. Or myself.

you are welcome .

I have a tunnel bag on the sled. Kinda split the gear between that.
The heavier stuff & extra water & gator aid is there.
The tunnel heat exchanger keeps it from freezing. But have to bring it in at night
and check the contents every once in a while. Have had water bottles with holes in them….

:wave:

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back