• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Replacing marker light on trailer with brittle plastic tabs

koolaid

Premium Member
Recently picked up a nice used enclosed trailer. There is a bunch on amber and red marker lights that are faded and I am replacing. They are the 4" x 1" ones that just snap in. Problem is the tabs that you need to push open to remove old ones is brittle and could easily break.

What could I use on tabs prior to "soften" up plastic before I pry on them? Have 17 to do and need those tabs intact to hold the lights in place, otherwise I'd be replacing the housings as well$$$

Recently picked up a nice used enclosed trailer. There is a bunch on amber and red marker lights that are faded and I am replacing. They are the 4" x 1" ones that just snap in. Problem is the tabs that you need to push open to remove old ones is brittle and could easily break.

What could I use on tabs prior to "soften" up plastic before I pry on them? Have 17 to do and need those tabs intact to hold the lights in place, otherwise I'd be replacing the housings as well$$$
Just buy a multi-pack of LED complete replacements on Amazon. Won't be too bad price.

Premium Features

Back