• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear suspension sugestions on XP? I flipped my sled!

S

Sako7STW

Nov 6, 2003
Evanston, WY
Any of you that have rode in the Mirror Lake area of UT surely know double hill. Well on Fri. we decided to go for a ride. I was climbing double and was really having a hard time controlling the sled as I climbed. It seamed as if my weight was keeping the rear suspension compressed and the sled wanted to come over backwards from too much ski lift. I weigh 275 on the average. and this suspension really sags with me on it. I have everything turned all they way up on it.

I am thinking about changing the shocks out before next fall but not sure which ones to go with or am i missing an adjustment that might help? My sled is a 09 XP Everest 163"

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
Going to a heavier rear springs for big guys is a good idea. There's also a few modshops that for 50 bucks sell a larger adjustable block that works well and puts more load/tension on the stock rear springs....Going to a good rear shock is also a good idea however it will not solve your sag issue.

Next time your out spring riidnig, You might try and tighten your limiter strap doing this will suckup your front end ski lift. You might also need to tighten up your front shocks as well .

OT

Premium Features