• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear Boggie wheel bushing failure

S
Sep 14, 2010
where ever I am
Looking for a little information.
1. What causes the Boggie bushings to fail on a 2016 Axys 163 with 800 miles, losing the Boggie caused one side of my Hi fax to prematurely wear out ?
2. should it be covered under the 3 year warranty, is it considered a wear item ?
3. Does anyone have a cut sheet of the rear assembly ?
4. Anyone have experience with aftermarket Boggie wheels and if so what do you recommend ?

I bought this sled as a Snow check and nothing but problems, seems it is always something.
1. Throttle block gave me issues, dealer replaced.
2. Lost RPM at 600 miles, got it back to 8150, won't run MDS weights any more, I did have success with them in the beginning pulling 8350, now using 10-64 with SLP pipe & can.
3. Low idle issues, finally corrected with a TPS adjustment.
4. Lower A arms fold up with a brush of a tree, changed out to Alt Impacts.
5. Had the Coolant hose replaced, had the Polaris Rub.

I do like the way it handles and loved the power it had the first 600 miles, I did put a new belt on the beginning of this season, so far I put 450 miles on it this year.

This is my 4th Polaris and by far had the most issues to date.

Reactions: orangecrate

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I expect you are referring to the bearing in the real wheel? These are sealed bearings but can be faulty or susceptible to damage but usually your wheel will deform first. I do however have issue with the tension Polaris runs the track with only 2 small bearings. Years ago guys did 4 wheel upgrades to the 3 wheel systems for durability and we never ran those tracks banjo tight.

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
Well I had the upper rear idler wheel fail. About the same mileage.
It was 5 days out of the Polaris 1 year factory warranty. It was covered by the extended warranty up to the track. I had some minor wear in the "nubs on the inside of the track that the bogey wheel uses to keep aligned. They said no way on track. (Replaced the wheel and highfax) It's not enough to cause heartache anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: spencer
Premium Features