• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Really silly ash question

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
I think I know the answer to this but wouldn't ash from redoubt be a really really bad thing for riding the rest of the year? Even if we got snow on top of the ash it would still be a layer in the snow...I can see the ash getting into the engine through the intake... clutching and just grinding everything up..

Never dealt with Volcanic ash but it seems to me that might kick your season right in the a$$

W
Jan 2, 2008
nah, as long as it wasn't floating around in the air wouldn't think it'd be a prob

It might help melt things down quick when the sun hits it, it'll gather the heat instead of reflecting it back up and melt the snow quicker.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Nah Doug, it's not too bad once it snows. Last time it blew in 89/90 everytime it blew we would get a dump of 1-2' of fresh so the ash wash not a real big problem for more than a day. Once burried it was not bad. But come spring breakup, it did go fast as an ash layer would get exposed to the sun, things melted fast!

Premium Features