• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

re-installing the oil pump arm???

S

Storm Rider

Oct 26, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
Hi all..I am new to posting on these forums, but I need some help.

I can't seem to find in the service manual how to re-install the arm for the oil pump. Do I need to wrap the spring around a certain number of times or do I just put it on. I would expect that it needs to be pre-set, but I don't know how much.

Thanks in advance.

:confused:

S
Oct 3, 2008
Quebec, Canada
Not even once really. It's already loaded; you just need to hook it. Should be pretty easy to check. Install it and move the oiler arm and then make sure that it returns.

While you're there, some people make mods to make sure it completely returns. Either add a spring that pulls it back (use just enough to pull it back and use a light spring as it will make your throttle stiffer). Here's a link to a mod to the existing spring that looks like it would be the best.... no new spring. I plan to do this next time I pull the engine as I added a second spring.

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/446-fusion/502021-fusion-700-900-oil-pump-fix.html

Good Luck!

T
Oct 23, 2008
it will have approximatly 1/4 turn of preload on it in stock form. After you modify the spring like i suggested in my post in the link sloan188 gave you, you will have approximatly 1/2 turn preload on the arm.

D

danduvall

Jan 28, 2010
n.e. ohio
Im. Workin on my buddys 900 fusion... on the oil pump the arm is removed. Where does the pumps shaft need to be indexed to when I re-install the arm? We nodded the return spring and lost track of where the pump arm and shaft were positioned.

D

danduvall

Jan 28, 2010
n.e. ohio
Anybody?

If I turn the pump shaft clockwise until it stops is that the lowest oil output setting? ?

Should I turn the shaft all the way clockwise and then turn it counterclockwise until I can install the pump arm??

Somebody answer or i'll be forced to start another topic lol :)

Premium Features