• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

question about risers

i have 3 inch block riser on my 04 switchback and i was just wandering if anyone ever had problems with the bolts breaking on the riser when riding sled in the powder, and has anyone had any problems with takeing the stock hadlebar cover off, any other setups i should look into. thanks

As long as you use bolts made for the application, it should be fine. If you are worried about it, make sure they are Grade 5 or Grade 8 bolts.

As far as the cover goes, they are made to come off, you just might have to undo the bottom side of it, then unbolt the mountain strap (if it has one) to take it off.

If you don't have a mountain strap, make sure you put one on or at least a handlebar pad. Seen the rusults of someone who didnt, not a pretty sight (broken jaw)

hey, first post. i've read 2-3 inches is max height to raise stock bars. i have an 04 switchback 700, and after driving my dad's 2010 assault i really like the higher up handlebars but the pictures i've seen have a ghastly gap between the plastics. the above poster up above mentioned that i can remove my mountain strap and remove the cover. now.... the throttle and brake cables are long enough... are my electrical wires for lights etc long enough aswell?

definately going to move up to some pro taper bars soon, either that or get an IQ chassis

so long as you only go the 2" you are fine. I did a 3" rox riser with fatbars and had to lengthen everything. It is not hard, just time consuming. Go wire by wire and heat shrink and zip tie everything to keep it neat. The biggest PIA by far was the custom brake line extension i got from Napa, I would tell ya but I cant remember the part #.

Chris

Premium Features

Back