• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pushy front end

P
May 2, 2008
Breckenridge, Co.
I feel like im the only one who hates the front end on the axys vs doo. Doo has always felt really light in the front and as though it wants to pop out of the snow. My 2016 axys always feels like a snowplow in comparison. It likes to dive a lot more to the point where it sesrches out soft pockets to dive down into. Im sure I'm gonna be in the market for a doo in the next 2 years, but what are Peoples feeling on this? I know it needs to be ridden more agressive, but should not always be a fight to hold a line in the trees. I have set my suspension up every way possible to see how it acts. Nothing really makes it better. Maybe the kaos rails are the answer?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
The Promised Land……..
I feel like im the only one who hates the front end on the axys vs doo. Doo has always felt really light in the front and as though it wants to pop out of the snow. My 2016 axys always feels like a snowplow in comparison. It likes to dive a lot more to the point where it sesrches out soft pockets to dive down into. Im sure I'm gonna be in the market for a doo in the next 2 years, but what are Peoples feeling on this? I know it needs to be ridden more agressive, but should not always be a fight to hold a line in the trees. I have set my suspension up every way possible to see how it acts. Nothing really makes it better. Maybe the kaos rails are the answer?

Have you been hiding under a rock?

Khaos conversion, anti stab and khaos rear rear spring is your cheapest option.

The rails are only a tiny part of the reason the khaos pops so nicely.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
I've owned a 2016 sks 155, 2017 summit 165 and a 2020 backcountry xrs 154 (basically a S38 freeride without t-motion.) and I have no idea what you are talking about honestly. My next sled will be a 2022 or 2023 Polaris Pro RMK, simply because of how well they stay on top of the snow, their predictability in a side hill and the light weight chassis.

The summit do pop the skis up out of the snow, but then they begin to trench. In a sidehill they are pretty squirrelly compared to the rmk.

I know everyone is different and riding techniques come in to play a lot in how different sleds react.. however, I'm not sure what exactly is going on with your sled, but it don't sound like its working properly. Maybe take some time to adjust the suspension or something.

Reactions: mtncat1

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
The Promised Land……..
I need to ride a khaos. I just wonder if it really lightens the front that much. It seems tough to do without the rearward engine design of the Doo.

What’s funny is the doo actually is heavier in the front end when you put scales under it.

It’s just the collapsing rear suspension on the doo.

After the khaos conversion on my 2016 (and riding rental Khaos sleds) the part I like the most is actually downhill transitions (carving and turning out) have gotten so much easier.

Ski’s pop easily to 1’ off the snow then the rear suspension works as intended and climbs.

Betterview

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Central Minnesota
You either have too much weight on your skis or on the rear track springs as compared to the front track shock spring if your skis are hunting for soft snow. Set the rear track springs to get a couple inches sag when you sit on sled. Loosen the the ski shocks enough so that the sled is rather easy to rock side to side when standing on running boards. That will give you a starting point. After doing this tighten the front coil over shock spring a round or two at a time to get some ski lift. If you are a heavier rider you will need to add more preload to the front track shock than a lighter rider. Treat the front track spring as a sort of balance or teeter totter point. After you get close, rider position, forward for more weight on skis, back a bit for more weight on track will make a big difference.

Last edited:
Premium Features