• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Push + Vipec + proclimb = ?????

K

Kyle91rs

Does anyone have any experience with either the g or T setup?? Any good reviews? I've read some threads and I clearly can tell some guys are all for it, some are totally against it for some reason. I haven't owned a turbo yet so I want something tuner friendly. I've been tossing around a bunch of ideas past few months and I'm beginning to pull the hair outta my head LOL. I just wanna know is it worth the money? Is it what it's all cracked up to be? I've ran with push kits on old m series and I know they worked well, seems like ken does a good job. I'm just nervous about this new ecu. I know there's warranty on everything, but it seems like a lot of things are relying on that ecu to function properly at all times. The tial version of the push looks and sounds like an amazing setup wit the fast spooling turbo and all that torque. I haven't really seen any good reviews, videos, or anything of this kit on the snow. Anyone wanna chime in and shed some light on this setup? Would make life a lot easier with a plug and play setup that was preprogrammed and no tuning involved whatsoever...... One could dream anyways!'

i'm in the same boat, can,t believe how slow the turbo threads are. we all know nobody has any time with a vi pec and a cat really. but someone must have got some time on a proclimb g or t kit if its something you dont want to share publicly them please pm us . who has run proclimb ovs kits or cutler, twisted , boondocker, lets hear some info

I would even like to hear from any Polaris guys that may have ran the vipec ecu, what your thoughts are with it and how it made your po po run. Yeah, I came over to snowest few weeks ago, completely forgot about this forum, you think this is bad??? I can hear cricket noises when I log into snowandmud lol

Turbo s

I like the push kit best for fit and finish and they run good. But I do not use or like his or any of the fuel management systems. No matter whose kit I put on I use the Boondocker Box for the fuel management. I have run the Push, OVS, Attitude box and have yet to be 100% happy with them. Mainly because of they for some reason can not clean the bottom end up due to they can not take fuel away . The PC is a great box but is not user friendly and until they can give you an option of tuning on the hill with out carrying a computer with you its not a useable product. People will say they have that for the PC but they do not. I can tell you there is nothing I hate worse than using the BD box its over priced and I hate to support them due to them screwing over there dealers in past and using customers as test dummies but in my opinion best box for all around tuning.

Now your going to ask why not just buy Boondockers kit. They are over priced and cheap and they keep trying to reinvent the wheel with gadgets. Like EBC,Inter coolers, Push to pass.

I like some of the thing that Boondocker does but with that said I also like Twisted and OVS they all have there pluses. It boils down to Service, price and quality control.

I have never seen a stand alone ECU run yet so until I see one on a two stroke work I will not buy one. Hopefully one day. The same goes for supper chargers.

Ok with that said you will get some response now as will have ruffled some feathers with my .02 cents.

Search "Polaris vipec" at utube, and you will get over 30 hit's with vids showing how the vipec worked on the polaris.
IMO, the Polaris and the cat has Kokusan denki ECU from factory. They are almost the same hardware.
So,if vipec made it work on the Po po, they made it work on the cat.

People overthink how ecu's works. Take a bosch edc 17 ecu, found in many different cars like Audi, BMW, Opel, kia, etc, even now they are in tracktors like Fendt.
It is the same ecu. It's the programming that is different from car to car to tractor etc.

A ecu only needs it's sensors, then the control of the engine is based on the programming done. And after that, you have to tune it. When it's tuned, it's done.

People asking, "how much horsepower are this ecu at altitude". Answer is 0, nada to nothing. There's no horsepower in the ecu. It's the engine that produce the power, the ecu is only controling it.

Say like this. Have you EVER needed to go to your dealer and have them chenge the tune in your OEM ecu?
We all know the answer to that.
So this magic Vipec box, is capable of beeing just as perfect as your OEM ecu, and most likley better.
It's all boil down to the mapping of the ecu. If your mapping are like zero to nothing, you can have that engine put out 20 hp. And if your mapping is 100%, you should be able to pull the rope all day long, and enjoy life from it's bright side.

Kudos to Vipec for going into the Snowmobile industri. And I dear to say it, standalones are here to stay. The move we make from a piggyback controller, is like the move we did make from carburatrs with powerjets, to EFI.
No doubt piggybacks still are, and for a long time will be a product that fit to alot of applications, but a piggyback will not be a substitute for a standalone ecu, it's just another option, and a complete different way.

Hmm.. If 4 strokes are using standalone ecu's, what would be the issue with a 2 stroke using standalone? I have to agree, an ecu is an ecu, all about how it's programmed I guess. Vipec has been around for a while, so I've gathered anyways, so their ecu's should have a pretty good name for themselves. As long as push has them tuned in I can't see them failing due to the ecu anyways. It's just something as different as this will always raise eyebrows, which is why I asked for opinions. I've had tuning experience with boondocker before and I hate those boxes with a passion, I'm trying to avoid tuning as much as possible, never thought I would see find something that "apparently" requires no tuning. Got word from ken yesterday and he guaranteed me that there would be no tuning, no fancy gauges or tuners on my bars, said that he can put a 5 yr old on the sled, pull the cord and go, all day long. I'm really leaning towards trying one of these out. If it works as its advertised to work, it will be the be all end all of tuning troubles for me lol. I just don't like the idea of being a lab rat....

It's simple. Just have them sign a money back guarantee that the product will work like he said it would. Do you think that he told people his previous kits would run good with a Dobeck? Did they? Did they make good on it?
Why buy anything that has not been tested for at least a full season in multiple sleds? I get a kick out of these guys that run a few hundred miles in spring snow, or worse just throw it on a dyno, and there you go....Your turbo kit is ready.
I hate to say it, but sledders do it to themselves, so they should never beotch when it doesn't work.
I also get a kick out of people comparing a car to a mountain sled. No other motorized vehicle on earth goes through as many variables in a day as what a mountain sled does. Then throw a turbo at it:face-icon-small-con

Well really, when ya look at it, it's not new to the snowmobiling industry.. Vipec maybe yea, but standalone engine management isn't. I do believe mcxpress runs their own standalone kit for the yammies, my cousin has a 270mcx nytro and that thing is just pull and go, hasn't had a hiccup with it yet. I think if Vipec is that expensive, yet so finicky no one wanted it or whatnot, I doubt push wouldn't have partnered with them with this turbo kit unless he knew mucho revenue was to be made ....

MCX runs a piggyback. But they work good for it intensions.
To say it is not comparable to a car ecu, that there are so more difficult to tune that mountain sled.
Ok, I won't go into that discussion. But say like this, Bosch is the leading manufacturer of ecu's. It is cluless to think that the last edc 17 is easy mapping.
It will take atleast 10 years before you will see the level of mapping involved in todays cars, in a sled.
Pre,pre,inj,sec,sec inj. 5 injections of fuel during one stroke. Your sled does one injection pr stroke.
Controling fuel pressure of like 25 000 psi.

IMO, the Polaris and the cat has Kokusan denki ECU from factory. They are almost the same hardware.

both are kokusan denki batteryless electronic. polaris using a more recent technology(chip), but we are giving arctic cat the same technology in our ECU.

both are kokusan denki batteryless electronic. polaris using a more recent technology(chip), but we are giving arctic cat the same technology in our ECU.

So have you had these ecu's on the snow much at all for testing??

So have you had these ecu's on the snow much at all for testing??

we are using same components as rmk ecu wich is more than proven now. the top board is something shared in many ecus also with a very long reliability record,many hours of dyno testing also in wich we have over and over tested functions in all circumstances.
the turbo kit components need to be tested on the snow and push's ttbt kit has been on the snow for two complete season now.Ken didn't mass market them last year simply because he didn't feel the fuel controller was doing the job properly.

Last edited:
I like the push kit best for fit and finish and they run good. But I do not use or like his or any of the fuel management systems. No matter whose kit I put on I use the Boondocker Box for the fuel management. I have run the Push, OVS, Attitude box and have yet to be 100% happy with them. Mainly because of they for some reason can not clean the bottom end up due to they can not take fuel away . The PC is a great box but is not user friendly and until they can give you an option of tuning on the hill with out carrying a computer with you its not a useable product. People will say they have that for the PC but they do not. I can tell you there is nothing I hate worse than using the BD box its over priced and I hate to support them due to them screwing over there dealers in past and using customers as test dummies but in my opinion best box for all around tuning.

Now your going to ask why not just buy Boondockers kit. They are over priced and cheap and they keep trying to reinvent the wheel with gadgets. Like EBC,Inter coolers, Push to pass.

I like some of the thing that Boondocker does but with that said I also like Twisted and OVS they all have there pluses. It boils down to Service, price and quality control.

I have never seen a stand alone ECU run yet so until I see one on a two stroke work I will not buy one. Hopefully one day. The same goes for supper chargers.

Ok with that said you will get some response now as will have ruffled some feathers with my .02 cents.

Hey mmsports, is that the pro g or pro t version you are running?? So what you're saying is.... The turbo runs fine. Works good, it's just the ecu you don't like and what most people don't like right? So if a guy were to buy the push kit, and then get a boondocker box with preset numbers and the stock ecu to carry around in a backpack for a season just for peace of mind in case anything goes wrong? I'd really like to give this a shot. I know there are gonna be nay sayers about the ecu, but if it works its the answer.

Thanks for the input guys, its nice to see some feedback . it seems honest to me when its not all good and not all bad, thats when its helpful. thanks mmsports i agree on the controller kyle been wanting to ride a tial tbbt for a year now but its been easier to find out the truth about area 51 then how a push kit runs. might give it a go and swap controllers if the vipec won't run but everyone is saying that won't happen, we will see i guess

Yep thats about right

I am running both G ant T the Green sled is a G but in the Video its not running a 100% due to bad Throttle Body.

The all Black sled is in Alaska and the Tial Thing is insane the most weight I have out in M8 yet. I was running 84G weights and still running a bit high on RPMs and it has a 3In track on it.

Yes I would do just that give it a try and see if it works. Worse case Serene but a BD box on it and ask push refund ECU money should be enough to pay the 800 for the BD box.

Hey mmsports, is that the pro g or pro t version you are running?? So what you're saying is.... The turbo runs fine. Works good, it's just the ecu you don't like and what most people don't like right? So if a guy were to buy the push kit, and then get a boondocker box with preset numbers and the stock ecu to carry around in a backpack for a season just for peace of mind in case anything goes wrong? I'd really like to give this a shot. I know there are gonna be nay sayers about the ecu, but if it works its the answer.

Yes I would do just that give it a try and see if it(ecu) works. Worse case Serene but a BD box on it and ask push refund ECU money should be enough to pay the 800 for the BD box.

don't worry, if you need any assistance we are here for you, we will make it work 100%.....just give it a try.

i'm in the same boat, can,t believe how slow the turbo threads are. we all know nobody has any time with a vi pec and a cat really. but someone must have got some time on a proclimb g or t kit if its something you dont want to share publicly them please pm us . who has run proclimb ovs kits or cutler, twisted , boondocker, lets hear some info

The TSS boys have theirs hauling azz. They were going huge last winter pulling some of the baddest chutes normally only climbed by 4 strokes. Check them out...

http://topsecretshop.ca/pictures-videos/

Search "Polaris vipec" at utube, and you will get over 30 hit's with vids showing how the vipec worked on the polaris.

People overthink how ecu's works. Take a bosch edc 17 ecu, found in many different cars like Audi, BMW, Opel, kia, etc, even now they are in tracktors like Fendt.
It is the same ecu. It's the programming that is different from car to car to tractor etc.

A ecu only needs it's sensors, then the control of the engine is based on the programming done. And after that, you have to tune it. When it's tuned, it's done.

People asking, "how much horsepower are this ecu at altitude". Answer is 0, nada to nothing. There's no horsepower in the ecu. It's the engine that produce the power, the ecu is only controling it.

Say like this. Have you EVER needed to go to your dealer and have them chenge the tune in your OEM ecu?
We all know the answer to that.
So this magic Vipec box, is capable of beeing just as perfect as your OEM ecu, and most likley better.
It's all boil down to the mapping of the ecu. If your mapping are like zero to nothing, you can have that engine put out 20 hp. And if your mapping is 100%, you should be able to pull the rope all day long, and enjoy life from it's bright side.

Kudos to Vipec for going into the Snowmobile industri. And I dear to say it, standalones are here to stay. The move we make from a piggyback controller, is like the move we did make from carburatrs with powerjets, to EFI.
No doubt piggybacks still are, and for a long time will be a product that fit to alot of applications, but a piggyback will not be a substitute for a standalone ecu, it's just another option, and a complete different way.

Just a little update: we got the PC ECU on the 10th of january 2013, with a month and a half late.....why? we added a map sensor directly into the ECU so no need to wire in an external(like on the polaris ECU), now the testing has been going on and we are extremely satisfied with the results on the tbbt tial kit....that thing makes, on same boost pressure, 30 steady more horsepower than the polaris engine!! unbelievable. We will release videos and dyno chart this next week so stay tuned!!
The ECU is 100% functional and ready for any turbo kit builder if interested. As for the push turbo mapping release, we are expecting it to be within 2 weeks.....and prepare to a big shock guys, that thing makes insane power and something never seen in the 2 strokes turbo industry, the 4 stroke guys will have their hands full with this kit at 8 psi believe me, Our 277 hp pump gas 1100 turbo (with our plugin ECU) is not pulling away that much.
stay tuned, it is coming.

Premium Features

Back