• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PTO Bearing done 08 m1000

First ride of the season, about halfway through the day i was on a long sidehill and the motor suddenly sounded nasty. Immediately killed it and after letting it cool down pulled the pipe to have a look in at the pistons. PTO side piston has a slight squeak on it from the exhaust port. Towed the sled out and tore it apart when i got home. After pulling the head i was in good hopes that it was just a squeaked piston because the dome wasn't damaged and the cylinder wasn't scratched at all. Thought i would be out cheap with just a fresh top end. After pulling the cylinder though i soon noticed a nasty wobble from the PTO side piston. Looked down in the case to find a mess of schrapnel from the bearing going out. Looks like its gonna be a rebuilt crank and new top end.

Still unsure as to why it happened. Checked the oil and it appeared to have been burning some since the level of the oil was down from when i started the day. Plugs on the MAG side were pretty lean looking though.

Looking for some advice and estimated price for the rebuild. Who does a good job at fixing these cranks? SLP?

Any help, advice, or info would be greatly appreciated.

08 M1000 Sno Pro
BDX Intake
SKinz Mesh Hood
Skinz super q exhaust
09 DD
09 ECU Flash

IMAG0309.jpg

Make shure the brass nipple going in the bottom of the carb boot for the oil injection isn't broke. Doesnt look lean to me.

Check the oil lines on the bottom of the motor also, I got lucky and found mine was lose when i added an extra motor mount

Premium Features

Back