Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Project "9Rc"

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Alright gentlemen, I thought I would post up some information on the latest build that started late last winter and has just been finished up......well kinda finished, for now, LOL.

Last season when I was looking to upgrade sleds and I really struggled between the 9R and the 850 in a Khaos. The reviews on the 9R were good but and it was what I wanted but I had some reservations on the P22 clutch and the lightweight crank. I also wanted a slash model but, wasn't sure on the shorter cooler and reports of higher running temps.

Well, I ended up doing an 850, Khaos Non-slash 155 and that’s where it started. First came some great conversations with Chris at BBA as well as the guys at Carl’s Cycles. Long story short here, a Carl’s Cycle Big Bore Kit was ordered from Chris at BBA. Along with the BB Kit, Chris also set me up with his clutch kit. From there came the all new re-flash from Carl’s for the 900 kit as well as their new cerakoted 900 pipe, which turned out awesome!

Next came a set of Ice Age 165 rails, Hellfire Wheels and offset axle from the guys at Ice Age. The sled also has a set of Ice Age Elevate Spindles. Needless to say, these rails and spindles are unbelievable! The quality and finish is second to none and they look amazing. Along with the new rails came a new 300LX 165 track, thanks to Tracks USA and of course all the input from guys right here on Snowest that pointed me towards this specific track.

Next up, was an upgraded shock package, which again came from BBA and their deal of the week recently. The shock package is the Fox QS3 Air shocks, which also came with some great insight once again from Chris at BBA.

Obviously, the wrap is custom and huge shout out once again to everyone at ArcticFX!!! I have had several wraps from these guys over the years to include a full wrap on our RZR Pro R4 and I have never been disappointed. They seriously have a great product and their customer service is top notch!! I highly recommend them if you are considering doing a wrap.

So in the end, I’ve got what you could call a “9Rc” or a 9R Carl’s Custom……. Complete now with a P85 clutch, 165 slash, 300LX, with a larger cooler and the standard crank. Hmmmm, maybe it’s time for a turbo?????,

Again, special thanks to,
Chris and the guys at BBA
Frank and everyone at Ice Age
Everyone at ArcticFX
The guys at Carl’s Cycle
Everyone here at Snowest
And of course the guys at Action Motorsports in Mandan ND.

Attachments

• sled1.jpg
    sled1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
  • sled2.jpg
    sled2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 118
  • sled3.jpg
    sled3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
  • sled4.jpg
    sled4.jpg
    1,023.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
What's your concern on a lightweight crank? Too good?

I haven't read anything about them failing or causing failure. For how many miles people have put on 9Rs by now, I am not concerned with the reliability. Should I be?

I will admit they have been doing good, but we are now just reaching the point of people actually getting miles on them. I hope they continue to do well, I was just a little leery of big bore combined with light weight and equaling longevity, which I was probably a little over precautions. The Carl's kit has been around and has proven itself, so I thought what the heck, lets give this a try. Additionally, as previously explained, I also wanted a bigger cooler and a P85 clutch, which I now have as well. In this day and age, the ability to change and modify things is part of the fun as well and making something unique and truly yours.

Premium Features

Back