• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Proclimb/Procross Temp Gauge

I

izzni

So I talked to an Arctic Cat dude at Haydays about the deluxe gauge and temperature display. It does display the coolant temp, but only in a debug mode that's a pain in the *** to get into, and only as the raw output from the Analog to Digital converted inside either the gauge or the ECU. In other words you'd need to know what the numbers on the gauge actually mean, since they wouldn't be F or C, but probably 0 to 255, representing an 8 bit register on the Analog to Digital converter.

Moral of the story:
Does anyone know of a good temperature gauge that I should buy? I want to spend less than $100 perferably (a Digatron 4 screener with 4 year playback might be overkill).

Another interesting thing I might try to do once I get my sled is see if I can get my hands on the output from the A to D converter all the time. It would probably be very time consuming to figure that out since I'd have to use an oscilloscope to make heads or tails of the info coming to the gauges. Although if I did get the information I could quite easily program a PIC microprocessor to display the information converted to C or F.

It's really quite sad that they didn't allow you to display the coolant temperature easily. In fact it's quite lazy, since it's just a matter of programming the gauge to do it. On that note, does the gauge know what the mileage of the sled is, or does the ECU know? Would be interesting if the gauge turns out to use a reprogrammable microprocessor like the ECU.

Last edited:
On that note, does the gauge know what the mileage of the sled is, or does the ECU know? Would be interesting if the gauge turns out to use a reprogrammable microprocessor like the ECU.

don't know about the microprocessor but the when the gauge is replaced mileage starts back at 0. ECU continues to record total runtime in hours.

Premium Features

Back