• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Proclimb M8000 Build

906wildchild

Lifetime Membership
Sep 14, 2015
UP Michigan, Helena Mt
Going to do a little write up on the Proclimb I've been working on and riding.

Towards the end of last year I purchased a 2015 m8000 Sno Pro limited and left it stock (Besides a Hotdogger, which is a must). The sled was a ton of fun and had the Arctic Cat horsepower we have come to know as a standard in their lineup. I was completely happy with my purchase, but me being me I had to change a few things and turn this sled into something really fun. Heres a list of the modifications I have done over the summer and this season.

Came from the dealer with Limited bumpers, anti stab kit, rail stiffeners, additional bogeys up front, ice scratchers and a 2.6" Powerclaw

I added...

C&A Pro Skis- speaks for themselves

BDX Prolite Running boards- these work awesome! Grippy, no snow build up, stiff and responsive and flat out look cool! Install was a chore but with the proper tools it's not bad for an afternoon project (pneumatic rivit gun, air saw, drill and some good drill bits).

HCR fixed steering post- hated the adjustable and now much stronger.

Rox 2" risers flipped forward- moves rider foward a little while keeping the main riser block straight with steering post.

2016 AC Narrow front suspension- I LOVE it. Install was an enjoyable project, easy enough to make me feel like I knew what I was doing.

Bikeman Performance Y-Pipe- easiest 5 hp you can buy for these Cat 800s. Went on easy and looks very nice ceramic coated. You can feel it mid throttle, just a little more fun factor and throttle response.

Bikeman Performance Can- I went with the louder of the two they offer, it's a bit too loud for me and will go with the full velocity muffler next season, but if you like it LOUD this is the can for you!!

Camso Challenger 3.2"x 156" track- WOW! �� This track isn't only the biggest on the market, but it flat out works! Some would call it a cheater turbo, I just call it a track doing what it was meant to do. I'll do a separate thread on the install and review of it, but everytime I even think about the difference it made a big ole grin comes on my face.

7 Tooth Drivers - wanted for track clearance.

The cosmetic changes were an AC windshield bag, Skinz wind flaps, Holeshot tunnel bag, and a Wrap done by 906 Factory Wraps out of Negaunee Mi.

If you have any questions about the installs or how a product worked, just ask. I'll try to elaborate as must as possible.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Prayn4snow

906wildchild

Lifetime Membership
Sep 14, 2015
UP Michigan, Helena Mt
2Cool Air Vents

I finally got to see the benifits of venting on a Boondocker Turbo last week! I got in touch with Tammy from 2CoolAirVents and ordered a vent kit for the Proclimb!

Very excited! If your having cooling issues just throw them an email or call and they will set you up with a custom vent kit to fit your needs.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Nice build 906Wildchild. I really like your running boards, their a big improvement over stock and shed the snow better. Im impressed with how much mid range pull the BMP Y pipe made. When I rode it last it felt really snappy! The 3.2" track is awesome, It should come stock on some sleds and I still call it a "cheater turbo" however if someone is looking at getting one you need the skills like 906Wildchild to hold on!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I'm glad you like the boards!
But for anyone else thinking about going with them...

Those bdx/cat boards might be better than stock, but they are useless other than for better snow removal. I installed a set and was disgusted with the quality and fit, let alone the way you have to install them. That in itself is a joke! Having to drop the skid and install spacers wt####
For a little more you can get bmfab narrow boards, way better traction, quality is second to non and it gives the sled massively more potential with narrowing.
If you haven't slipped off those boards yet, you will!
They where better than nothing last year but now we have so much better options is not even comparable.

Everything else is cool :)

Premium Features