• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Problems with M8 turbo

I have a 2007 M8 and I put an aero turbo on it a year and a half ago. I probaly have 700 miles on the turbo and it always ran great. I went out last weekend and up the trail it ran awesome and when i got to the top it was really starting to bog like it was running super rich or something. I finally figured out that the alumminum airbox came off and it was leaking air/fuel/oil out. I took it all apart cleaned everything and put it all back together, to find out it is running the same. I pulled the plugs after a test ride and they are really dry with a greyish substance on them ( not black like normal). The tips of the plugs are also a little white. I have always ran on the same settings on the pure logic box but i tried playing with it to see if it made a difference which it didnt. It is also only hitting 5-6 psi on the boost when i normally run 11psi. When i hold the throttle wide open it sounds like and old sled with jets that are like 5 sizes to rich. I dont know what else to look for or what else the problem could be, if anyone has come across something like this or knows what the problem is feeback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I have a 2007 M8 and I put an aero turbo on it a year and a half ago. I probaly have 700 miles on the turbo and it always ran great. I went out last weekend and up the trail it ran awesome and when i got to the top it was really starting to bog like it was running super rich or something. I finally figured out that the alumminum airbox came off and it was leaking air/fuel/oil out. I took it all apart cleaned everything and put it all back together, to find out it is running the same. I pulled the plugs after a test ride and they are really dry with a greyish substance on them ( not black like normal). The tips of the plugs are also a little white. I have always ran on the same settings on the pure logic box but i tried playing with it to see if it made a difference which it didnt. It is also only hitting 5-6 psi on the boost when i normally run 11psi. When i hold the throttle wide open it sounds like and old sled with jets that are like 5 sizes to rich. I dont know what else to look for or what else the problem could be, if anyone has come across something like this or knows what the problem is feeback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

check your power valve cables. I broke one and when i tryed to get full throttle it ran like it had bad gas or a rich bog. Mine was broke right down by the servo motor.

Around 700 miles is when mine went through it's first set of reeds. Boost is hard on them. Until you inspect them closely don't rule it out.

Sounds like exhaust donut to me. Replace every 12-15 rides. EGT temps are hotter than the donut was designed to carry and hold. Just a part of the game. Reeds, check at 500 miles and replace once per year minimum. Airbox, charge tube, check for rub marks on chassis that can create tiny pin holes. Also check line to the boost gauge, BOV, and boost controller. Also check line to PL box to airbox and check for leaks etc.
BB

Premium Features

Back