• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Climb 800 aftermarket Hoods/Dash??

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Getting ready to accumulate parts and equipment for my 2015 Pro Climb Boondocker........what options are out there for aftermarket hoods and dashes that accomodate or faciliate air intake for boosted sleds?

Reports on fit, finish, quality?

C3 Powersports Carbon Hood - $1200

BDX - $350

Mountain Fit - $350

Patrick Customs - $$$

Any other options out there that are light, allow for easy intake system for turbo, etc???

I have seen the c3, and it has a stock style intake, with a hole in the perfect spot for the tube on the boondocker setup. Lots of intake vents too. Next year on my speedwerx supercharged sled I am going to do the mountain fit because of the weight, and price if I break it. But I am going to do a snorkel and I think if you went with the Mtn fit it would be a good idea to do the snorkel because I feel the Mtn fit intake is not the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear ya,the snorkel could potentially simplify the air intake through stock or after market pleniums, but I used the bdx hood on my 12 and intake through the stock vents .......seemed to work well in terms of air, but not all that excited about its fit and finish w stock dash and assembly. Would love to have a simple hood intake system, vents well, light weight, and easy to put hood/dash on and off..........

I like the ease of a snorkel..but what about rolling the sled over? Guess the BD Poo typically uses a snorkel...

I'm thinking of running the c3 or skins hood next year i know the c3 is tough kevin stood on the hood of his sled and bounced around on it and not a thing wrong and i seen one smash the trees pretty good i was impressed if i had the money id do c3 everything haha

BDX with post forward setup: works very well together

10009354_759217394117921_1826522277_n.jpg

1451415_759217364117924_2100365762_n.jpg

Kaleb, looks good.........I have the bdx nose, but not the dash part. What about the air intake for boost? use the same as stock with those two small skinz vents on dash in pic? Yours looked pretty clean, not sure I'm buying into the post forward stuff, but maybe its my lack of understanding/benefits.

How or what comes off when you take off hood to access engine bay?

i love the C3 hood. yes its expensive but it looks so good! also i think it is super easy to make an excellent intake. mine have the stock front nose piece blocked off and then a 4" hole drilled in the top of the air box along with the intake air temp sensor relocated to the top of the factory box. then just run some flex up and install your intake screen.
IMG_3306_zpsd1f7c76c.jpg

IMG_3305_zps1addad07.jpg

IMG_3303_zps85198c00.jpg

IMG_3302_zpsb36329fa.jpg

IMG_3300_zps1020cf62.jpg

IMG_1884_zps348a9739.jpg

IMG_3304_zps1fcc7c90.jpg

good pics and info so far! ;-)

With all the Cat turbo systems out there.....Still think there has to be some engineering solutions to typical turb intake problems! ????

Dreaming here, but man I wish we had a WPS type distributor that had a website or catalog with all the options, pics, prices of different parts by all aftermarket parts and options from one distributor!!! Hoods, vents, turbo kits, seats, tracks, bumpers, etc....kinda like a Speedway Motors Catalog.....yeah, i know...dreaming!

Premium Features

Back