• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

premium switch PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

S
Feb 11, 2010
Does anybody know anything about the premium switch on the edge. It seems to me that someone has had to of had this problem, my light does not come on and I cant figure it out. changed the bulb, new stator tried a different key switch and a different cdi box. I think it changes the timing and my sled dos"nt seem to be as fast as it was,( running it against the same sleds this year as last year) and this is after I put twin pipes on it. The problem is is I dont know when the light stopped working. I have all the clutching and the jetting right. I'm not really sure how much it changes it if its not working or if there is a way that i can check it to see if it is working and I just have a malfunction in the light circut. This is driving me crazy, any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated Thanks

L
Mar 13, 2004
Lake Cle Elum, WA
Strange problem for sure....Just an idea:

Take a timing light and see if it does change the timing when you change the switch? If so, it's a wiring problem of getting juice to the bulb.

I run mine in the "regular" position at lower elevations and don't notice much change in performance....

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
make sure you have the wire plugged into the ignition switch, I think its pink/black but could be white/orange. make sure its plugged in at the hood harness also

reed4rmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Clackamas, OR
I don't know anything about the light. I do know that whether the key is in the premium or regular position I didn't notice much difference in performance. That was stock and after I modded it. I've always thought it was more gimmick than anything else, especially since I've always run premium in it anyway.

N

north-land

Dec 14, 2007
Anchorage, Alaska
You didn't say which sled you have. The wiring diagram for an 02 and an 04 (that's all the books I have) show the light being powered from the ignition switch. When in the premium position a connection is made between the brown wire and the white/orange wire that runs up to the lamp. The brown is a ground. The lamp has a yellow hot wire going to it and the white/orange from the ignition switch.

Premium Features