• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

power jet issue

I have been running the good style of power jet for a couple of years. In that time frame I have been down on power and having a hard time geting the sled dialed in. I think one of my issues is I have the tubes down too long into the thoaght.

So where should I have them? my mids runs great but the topend is seems fat all the time till it's so lean it cuts out

Chris

IMAG0019.jpg IMAG0021.jpg

forgot to post up what I have, 02 rmk 800 slp single, running 350 mains not sure where the needles are right now, but my mid is spot on and runs super strong. we run between 7K and 11K

I am running the TCP clutch kit but don't remember what it has in it. I know they are the slp lightning weights maybe 68g but they have been drilled out. no idea about the helix but it was whatever they sent to me (not very helpful huh

Chris

Are ya sure you are not going the wrong way. Looking at your picture it looks like your powerjets are opened all the way up.

Why are you running them in the first place? The SLP single is pretty easy to setup without them.

If I were you, I would put in some 370's or 380's and close the powerjets all the way down. Run it without them and only open them up if it gets really cold or you go down low.

I opened them up today to check to make sure they were going all the way open. I run them because we usually run at 65-7K but also run at 11K and over. When we hit Sonora pass it helps to be able to turn them down. I do run EGT's so I am not going in blind, just wondering how short the tubes ought to be.
I initially installed them for my Boss Nos system which I have now found out is a waste of time and effort. Never could get it to run right s oI DC,ed the whole thing.

Chris

Your tubes are about right where mine are. Its different with the turbo though, I can be really rich and still have way too much HP and still run clean.

Well just because you have EGTs doen't mean your accurate. You can be low on temps both being rich and lean, so dont pay attention to your temps until you have a good base setup. I would dial in the PJ until you get good was on top of the pistons, then take some base readings on the EGTs as a starting point. Then when you change elevation you can dial the PJ to maintain that temp.

yeahI hear ya and have doene it. Something has changed last year and I have not figured out what went crazy. In the past it ran great and had good color on the plugs at 1150Deg. I just can't get it back there and don't know why

Chris

With your last statement being said , made me think your carbs need to be thoroughly cleaned. Just a thought---Proflow

Premium Features

Back