• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Power Commander For 2007 IQ 600?

G
Oct 8, 2013
Flat Land
Hello,

I'm new to the RF type sleds and this forum. I recently picked up a 07' Polaris IQ 600HO Cleanfire from a friend that has a couple mods that suffered a failed main bearing most likely from the oil pump never being turned up. I have checked all the normal causes (boots and such) and that is what I have come to the conclusion of.

In my reading I heard these sleds run fuel and oil lean from the factory and my sled has a SLP pipe/silencer, BMP Billet head, and VF3 Reeds so I feel I should get a WB02 on it and dial it in.

I am wondering what is the difference between the 07-08 600 CFI-4 and 09-12 CFI-4 600 since the only PC5 I can find is for 09+?... I would use other brands of fuel controllers but I have a turbo setup in the future plans for the sled so I need one that I can tune for boost when I do.

Thank You In Advance,
Dan

Last edited:

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
I have never heard of one. I guess the main difference is your sled is carbed? Don't think you can put one on a carb sled

G
Oct 8, 2013
Flat Land
Sorry I have modded the post above. It is a 2007 600 HO Cleanfire with the 4 injector system (CFI-4). I cannot seem to find a good controller that boost references.

Thank You, Dan

G
Oct 8, 2013
Flat Land
Well this really gets me wondering I have seen several 07' IQ 600 Cleanfire sleds for sale and I am 100% sure this is efi as I pulled the engine injectors and throttle body out of it. And the replacement short block was said to have come from a 07' IQ 600 Cleanfire as well and is the exact match for what I pulled out.

Thanks, Dan

G
Oct 8, 2013
Flat Land
Thank You, I will have to give them a call and see if this PCV is like the rest and can input the 0-5V signal to compensate for boost as it does not note it in their add/listing.

Thank You, Dan

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Since you asking for boost reference, I assume you are running a 600 CFI-4 turbo with an SLP pipe?

Call the guys at Dobeck. They can get you what you need.

JFR....2007 Polaris RMK 600's were available with carb'd or CFI-4.
2008 RMK Shift were carb'd, all other's were CFI-4.

G
Oct 8, 2013
Flat Land
I am working on piecing together a turbo setup right now hence the boost reference need for the future but slp pipe for now with slp silencer.

Thanks, Dan

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
PCV will do what you want. It is not straight forward in their literature though. You can input analog signals. The CFI-4 factory mapping is fuel lean in the midrange and fuel rich on top. You can feel the engine hunt for fuel if you hold it at 6500. SLP PCV mapping is pretty darn good with a pipe. It corrects both. Tricky part is mapping all 4 injectors correctly and syncing them with power valve open / close timing. Double check clutch balancing if you lost crank bearings. Also clean power valves and impulse ports so there is no lag in timing. Lots of options with 4 injectors.. Mind boggling when you start 3d mapping.

Hello All.

The PCV is simply not listed for the 2007-2008 CFI4's because the PCV came out in 2009. Before that it was the PCIIIUSB. It is the same harness and config, just in the new PCV platform. The 19-007 PCV will work perfectly on your 2007.
As stated -- there are lots of options with the 4 injector CFI's and they are a very fun engine to play with.
The 19-007-PTI is a super sweet setup to fuel for boost. You won't need to pipe in an analog signal to the 0-5V port -- we already supply you with the harness and sensors. Since the engines already come with secondaries, mapping them is a breeze requiring very little input to the map tables other than corrections to the poor OE fueling. Subtract a little fuel on the bottom and let the Dynojet's Direct Pressure Compensating feature do the leg work for you!

If you have more questions, I'm happy to answer them.

~T.J.

S
Oct 17, 2001
Milwaukee
Hello All.

The PCV is simply not listed for the 2007-2008 CFI4's because the PCV came out in 2009. Before that it was the PCIIIUSB. It is the same harness and config, just in the new PCV platform. The 19-007 PCV will work perfectly on your 2007.
As stated -- there are lots of options with the 4 injector CFI's and they are a very fun engine to play with.
The 19-007-PTI is a super sweet setup to fuel for boost. You won't need to pipe in an analog signal to the 0-5V port -- we already supply you with the harness and sensors. Since the engines already come with secondaries, mapping them is a breeze requiring very little input to the map tables other than corrections to the poor OE fueling. Subtract a little fuel on the bottom and let the Dynojet's Direct Pressure Compensating feature do the leg work for you!

If you have more questions, I'm happy to answer them.

~T.J.

Not to take the thread too far off track, but are you saying the PC5 is only good for modded 600s or turbo setups?

What's the best setup for stock or near stock CFI-4 600 RMKs?

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Not to take the thread too far off track, but are you saying the PC5 is only good for modded 600s or turbo setups?

What's the best setup for stock or near stock CFI-4 600 RMKs?

You can use a PC5 on a stock CFI-4 engine, I've been using one for years on my 07 700. Contact Dynotech Jim at DynoTech Research 585-993-2777 (or Google DynoTech research for his webpage) and he can set it all up for your sled at your elevation, etc. All you have to do is plug it in when you receive it from him.

Premium Features