• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PowderHounds SledFest '14

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
We're excited to put on our 5th year of SledFest in Eagle County. Once again we will have Chris Burandt and his crew on hand to donate his time to help with our membership drive for the local Powder Hounds club. We changed to a bigger venue (Eagle River Center) to allow for more equipment. We will be adding a member swap meet at no cost. Members can bring anything sled related including sleds. We are also in the process of providing better food than the past by using one of the local favorites for catering. Should be several silent auction and door prize items.

Come to SledFest '14 and join the fun. Chris will show off his new movies, all four manufacturer's will be represented by local dealers, new swap meet and we have other activities planned as well. Without our local club we would have already lost thousands of acres of riding. We need to increase the size of our club to battle these closures. PM me or email admin@holycrosspowderhounds.com for questions.

If you are interested in providing silent auction items, door prizes or other donations, we would love to advertise your business through our website.

flyer.sledfest.14.2.jpg

Last edited:

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
794 Fairgrounds Road
Eagle, CO 81631

eaglemap1(1).gif

From Vail or Denver
Take I-70 West
Take Eagle exit (#147)
Left on Eby Creek Road
Right on Chambers Road (just past Loaf & Jug)
Left on Fairgrounds Road to 0426 Fairgrounds Road.
Fairgrounds are located on the left hand side

From Glenwood Springs or Grand Junction
Take I-70 East
Take the Eagle exit (#147)
Right on Eby Creek Road
Right on Chambers Road (just past Loaf & Jug)
Left on Fairgrounds Road to 0426 Fairgrounds Road.
Fairgrounds are located on the left hand side

ERC-Stalls-web.jpg

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
We added a swap meet this year. Bring anything motorsports related, pay the club $10 and sell/swap your gear!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
does the swap meet start at 6? is it outside? thanks.

Swap meet will start a little early (5pm) so that those people can get ready. The swap meet is indoors. The Eagle River Center is huge so we should have enough room for everything to be indoors. Keep in mind we can't have any fuel indoors so all sleds have to be drained. This is a fire code deal.

scottbilt95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
golden, colorado
scottbiltracing.us
Swap meet will start a little early (5pm) so that those people can get ready. The swap meet is indoors. The Eagle River Center is huge so we should have enough room for everything to be indoors. Keep in mind we can't have any fuel indoors so all sleds have to be drained. This is a fire code deal.

cool. is there anyone I would need to coordinate with/pay beforehand or just show up?

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
If anyone is interested I'll have a bunch of parts off of a 2009 Dragon RMK there. No working motor but almost everything else.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Great raffle items from BCA, GoBigParts, MotorFist, ThunderMountain Lodge, Burandts Backcountry Adventure and many others! Swapmeet should be good, plenty of space. Chris, Sahen and the group have this years movies and more to share. Check it out!

Rider1958

Lifetime Membership
Oct 28, 2008
Woodland Park, Colorado
great night!

I went, joined the club and got the t-shirt, met a ton of friendly folks I hope to ride with, saw my first actual Ski-Doo with a 174 3" track, won the killer MotorFist backpack, and got a picture with Chris Burandt - pretty good night for me!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Glad you had a good time. If it's sled related it's always good. Thanks for coming!

Big props to Burandts Backcountry Adventure, BCA, MotoBreck, BoyzToyz, Integra Powersports, PowerWorld, Motorfist, Thunder Mtn Lodge, FXR (Summit County), GoBigParts, Two Valley Tires, Gypsum Napa, Alpine Quest, Beyond the Tree Woodworks and many others. These are all business' that support local snowmobiling in Colorado. They also support or efforts to keep riding areas open and alive! You might not join a club but the club is still working for the sledheads! The more members the better the chances of those efforts!

Premium Features