• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

powder valves on a pro??

was riding in some deep stuff this weekend.. FINALLY!!! and the intake prefilters were plugging up pretty bad and eventually it would cut the motor back to limp mode till i cleared them off and then it ran great again. is anyone offering powder valves for the pro? the only vents ive added are Holtz knee vents but thats just helping with hot air escape. Or has anyone come out with a good vent thatll attatch to the intake??? HELP

mike taylor

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
pow Country CO
was riding in some deep stuff this weekend.. FINALLY!!! and the intake prefilters were plugging up pretty bad and eventually it would cut the motor back to limp mode till i cleared them off and then it ran great again. is anyone offering powder valves for the pro? the only vents ive added are Holtz knee vents but thats just helping with hot air escape. Or has anyone come out with a good vent thatll attatch to the intake??? HELP

Slp sells both.
A big air intake.
and powder valves.
I put two powder valves in the backside of airbox,and a little vent in the console. For days like that!
And it works

check out the pics in my album,Click link on bottom

D

dmaxd2500

Sep 29, 2009
G WYO
I installed the SLP powder valves on my Pro this year due to the very same problem I experienced last year. Havn't ridden in stupid deep pow this year yet but did test them out in the shop after the install, seemed to work good. We'll see. That Fire n Ice deal looks legit.

MOWER800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Layton Utah
fire n ice

the top of the head light behind the windshield on the Pro is not part of the intake so that just vents out the hot under hood air

jdtech65

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2008
Northwest IA
the top of the head light behind the windshield on the Pro is not part of the intake so that just vents out the hot under hood air

What I took from it is that it is an intake when used with the headlight delete since you are removing the headlights to create a cold air intake. But if you have the stock headlights then it is just a vent.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
but the headlight is not connected to the air box in any way. even if you pull the headlight you are not getting any more or any different air than stock. FnI would have to make substantial changes to the entire intake to get any more air into the motor. their vent looks only to release heat.

pv

Premium Features