• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pop-up truck campers

W
Nov 5, 2008
Anybody using one of these through the winter? Been thinking about picking one up as they seem to be lighter, which would hopefully make for easier towing with a two-place trailer. (Dodge 2500 diesel)

Just looking to be able to travel throughout the state with a bit more comfort than a tent.

Not sure how they hold up in the cold though with the fabric walls and general freezing water issues, etc. Any advice or input would be great.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Anybody using one of these through the winter? Been thinking about picking one up as they seem to be lighter, which would hopefully make for easier towing with a two-place trailer. (Dodge 2500 diesel)

Just looking to be able to travel throughout the state with a bit more comfort than a tent.

Not sure how they hold up in the cold though with the fabric walls and general freezing water issues, etc. Any advice or input would be great.

Ive been looking for one of these too....would be perfect:D

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
i've done it for the last few years. the pop up fabric needs to be a layered weblon material. Not just fabric.

RE1217.jpg

reparkinglot12306.jpg

abasin1125.jpg

06 Dodge 2500 Short bed
CIMG2237.jpg

CIMG20903-1.jpg

keystoneparkinglot1106.jpg

i guess your issue is up in AK you may not have a great selection of Truck Campers to buy. Here in CO we have 3 great manufactures that make pup ups suitable for winter use.

In the past i used the furnace for heat. My buddy have a wave 3 catalytic heater in addition to the forced air furnace and it was much nicer. I will def be doing that this year. Right now I don't have a camper. I am looking for one or possibly may have the manufacture build me a custom one.

Ask away i've got a pretty good amount of pop up truck camper experience.

Premium Features