• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

polaris rmk 600 ho 2008 shift

S
Dec 30, 2008
hi,
im wondering if i am going to buy a Polaris rmk 600 ho 155" shift 2008, how does this machine performe? is this a CFI engine ?
i currently own a 2002 arctic cat ZRT 600 so i think this would be a big change for me:D

i was allso considering a 2008 polaris rmk dragon 800...

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
I have just sold my RMK shift 600 HO after two seasons, have been very satisfied with the performance and reliability of this sled!
It is VERY easy and nimble too ride and will be a night and day difference from your old zrt.
The engine in this sled is not a cfi engine but a carburated one, but it runs strong for a stock 600. Had a SLP single pipe on mine and that made quite a difference when i got it set up right.
Of course the 800 RMK will outperform this sled when it comes too power, and is also set up with better shocks etc than the shift.

But if you end up with the shift RMk I`m pretty sure you would love it, at least i did:)

S
Dec 30, 2008
rmk

ok, my only worries is the engine issues with the 800...i have some brand new fox float 2 shocks that i think will fitt a rmk shift:) thx for replie.

im hoping this 600 engine will out performe my old ZRT at least:)

are there big differences on the carburator and CFI engine?

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
I may guarantee you that the 600 HO engine will outperform your old ZRT (unless it was tuned way beyond stock);)
The cfi engine is supposed too have 5+hp compared to the HO, and the cfi engine will adjust fuel/air mixture when you ride at different altitudes, but just get an ATACC fuel system...this will help out when it comes to this on the carburated engine.

S
Dec 30, 2008
rmk shift

I`m guessing that i will land on a 08` rmk 600 shift:D only thing know is to find out what kind i want to buy.....my old ZRT is slightly traile ported and shaved head, still i hope this sled is quicker.

im not shure if CARB = efi on the 600 ho..?

many people that own these rmk 600 ho say thay change the gears for faster acceleration?

Premium Features