• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris assault Tree Riding Upgrade

Hi,
I have a 2014 Polaris Assault for 2 years.

Last year I changed A-arms to 36 inch, shorted front shock,.

This year I'm low in buget, I just want to try this:

I would like to know if I put a gear set like 19T 43T, I will be ok for tree ridding and backcountry ridding , can I run with the same Clutch spring.

Thanks for yours Infos.

I rode a 14 Pro at 10-13,000 ft and never re-geared. My buddy has a 14 Assault riding the same places with no gear change. The only real problem with the Assault is the comp track. Put a powder track on it and it will work fine. It should not need any mods to be really fun and capable in the trees, those were the old days. I would say a re-gear is a waste of money.

I rode a 14 Pro at 10-13,000 ft and never re-geared. My buddy has a 14 Assault riding the same places with no gear change. The only real problem with the Assault is the comp track. Put a powder track on it and it will work fine. It should not need any mods to be really fun and capable in the trees, those were the old days. I would say a re-gear is a waste of money.

I Have pro rmk track, what is your suggestion for a powder one?

Thanks

If you have the track, you are all set. I did notice an improvement in the Axys 2,6 track over the Pro 2,4 but I think at this point, it isn't the sled holding you back. Sounds like you enjoy modding your sled, which is fine, just know that it is already probably more capable than you. Skills practice next!

Premium Features

Back