• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

plugs are wet and have oil on them??

M
Dec 16, 2009
i just bought an 08 skidoo summit x 163 and i have fired it up a few times and it has started and ran fine.. just changing plugs and chaincase oil for the season and the plugs have brown oil on them and are wet.. i dont know if this thing was summerized when i got it and it has been started 3 times total since i bought it...thinking that that oil if it had been summerized should have burned out by now...my oil cable is currently at 18-19mm when measured, i think it is suppose to be at 16.5mm, would this make it run rich or lean??....amsoil full syn is in it..any thoughts??

plugs.jpg

Last edited:
R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Fuel goes bad sitting in the tank all summer. Idling doesn't really give a good reading on the plugs either. Drain as much fuel as you can and refill. Start it up and run it up to 2500rpm untill the rear cooler starts to get warm, then hit the kill switch and check plugs. Old fuel can kill plugs too. Looks like there is moisture on your plugs from starting up and not letting it warm up. Ethonal fuel will absorb moisture over time too.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
swap the fuel as posted above and take it out for a spin, the pipe needs to be brought up to temp to burn out all the oil. thats why you see 5 threads at the begining of every season about oil dripping out of the donut at the Y pipe.

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Just put a fresh set of plugs in, fill it with fresh fuel and go for a nice ride.

Way too much thought being put into this.

:yo:

ps: see that you are in Colorado, was the sled bought locally? A good dealer would have made sure the jetting was correct for the elevations in the area.

Last edited:
Premium Features