• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Plug color

H

HOOCH256

I have a cutler stage 2 Proclimb and just trying to find out what color my plugs should be?

My tuning is as follows...
G-2
Y-2
R-2
G/B-4
R/B-4
Fuel pressure-38psi
Running 100LL @ 7psi
EGT's stay around 1080 wide open on long pulls with 60-70mph track speeds

Also occasionally it seems like it has a fat spot and falls in it's face but if I get out of the throttle for a sec it cleans back up, it's quite strange.

Thinking your fat all around. 1050 is pretty cold. I've ran around 1250 for two seasons now an she's great. That's around 11.7 AF.

34psi
8-10lbs
G-1
Y-1.5
R-2
GB-2 to 2.5
RB-5

(Sometimes even .5 lower on all those settings) dropping your fuel pressure will help with the fall on its face but it's all throttle control too.

Cutlers reccomended fuel psi an all settings r even lower than yours.

Plugs r hard to read with 100LL too I find cuz it kinda burns white even if you look in ur y pipe.

Last edited:
I have a cutler stage 2 Proclimb and just trying to find out what color my plugs should be?

My tuning is as follows...
G-2
Y-2
R-2
G/B-4
R/B-4
Fuel pressure-38psi
Running 100LL @ 7psi
EGT's stay around 1080 wide open on long pulls with 60-70mph track speeds

Also occasionally it seems like it has a fat spot and falls in it's face but if I get out of the throttle for a sec it cleans back up, it's quite strange.
My kit is an ovs but my numbers are almost exact, i run 10-11lbs on those numbers 38lb fuel 100ll. you are too fat. ive been fooled many times with a poor running turbo. just too scared to lean it out a little

But my plugs are not black or dark brown if anything they are in the lighter side of things.

Thinking your fat all around. 1050 is pretty cold. I've ran around 1250 for two seasons now an she's great. That's around 11.7 AF.

34psi
8-10lbs
G-1
Y-1.5
R-2
GB-2 to 2.5
RB-5

(Sometimes even .5 lower on all those settings) dropping your fuel pressure will help with the fall on its face but it's all throttle control too.

Cutlers reccomended fuel psi an all settings r even lower than yours.

Plugs r hard to read with 100LL too I find cuz it kinda burns white even if you look in ur y pipe.

Sweet I will try these numbers, but I did notice your FP is a lot lower. Just curious if your running with the stinger out? I was told you can 2 more psi just by removing that.

Plugs are kind of hard to read when your running leaded fuel, they do look lean. If you look at the ground strap you will notice it changes color. The farther away the color change is from the end of the ground strap the leaner it is. Ignition timing also plays a factor in this. Plugs do change so it is best to read them after you were wide open. Piston wash is a better indication on how hot your engine is. Gauges can be out as well so it is best to validate what your gauge is reading.

This one looks good,

f92acccd3eb947c495e0f2a2bab1c584.jpg

Last edited:
Ya turning down the fuel pressure helps the bottom end clean up big time an the throttle chop bog. CPC instructions say 35 psi so not that low.

Stock pipe

Hoochie

when running 100ll it is hard to read plugs, mine run on the light brown side to a little grayish brown, piston wash is also hard to read mine are always pretty clean when running avgas. I just got mine ready to Rock on saturday. just waiting for some more snow, probably won't be out much until after the holidays

also if your running straight avgas

Crank up the BOOST at least 9-10 lbs

av8er so what your saying is you wanna put that M up against my pro climb after the holidays??

Only thing is I can only get 7# with my WG but I'm sure it will still hang with yours at 9-10#

For sure Hoochie

I will take the pepsi challenge any day of the week, loser buys the BARLEY POPS. Di u forget I got the Kmod and got it dialed in, you might be ping ponging off the trees, last I heard your front end was 2-3 feet in the air and you were out of control, very much like i was my first season on this sled.
A bunch of my Turbo riding friends are hitting skyland, 2morrow, but I had to stay home, just got my daughter , and want to spend time with her, but after the holidays, I will be hitting it hard

Last edited:
You can adjust your wg to get more #s.

How????? Please tell me how to do this??

I will take the pepsi challenge any day of the week, loser buys the BARLEY POPS. Di u forget I got the Kmod and got it dialed in, you might be ping ponging off the trees, last I heard your front end was 2-3 feet in the air and you were out of control, very much like i was my first season on this sled.
A bunch of my Turbo riding friends are hitting skyland, 2morrow, but I had to stay home, just got my daughter , and want to spend time with her, but after the holidays, I will be hitting it hard

Well I get back from work tomorrow and will be home for 14 days, so let's go shred!!! And yes she may be 3' in the air but I have learned to ride the rodeo very well.

If you shorten the rod that goes to your waste gate actuator you can get more boost. The less it opens the gate the more boost you can make. Be careful and not to go too much.

Last edited:
If youre front is 3 feet I the air all the time try the OVS suspension coupler I put it on last year when I put the 3 inch track on. I don't recall the price but it was fairly cheep my front skis are 2 inches above the snow in a climb. I don't think you need to go with a Kmod unless you just want to talk about youre kmod, I have a buddy with a Kmod and for the money neither of us are that impressed.

not saying the ovs couple doesn't work good to keep the front end down but the stock skid coupled does not hold a candle to a k-mod in the rough stuff. ask my riding buddies as the just about got bucked off trying to ride the stuff I cruised over. I am a believer now

I do have the stinger out of mine, I didn't realize its a 2lb gain

Quick Adjustability goes a long way too

I set the Kmod on 1 for the bumpy trail, and then with a turn of the wrist I set it at 2 for boondocking, and 3-4 for climbing-depending on how steep

Premium Features

Back