• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PLEASE GO VOTE FOR ME!!!

L
Jan 13, 2013
Go here to vote https://www.supertraxmag.com/nats/index.asp Ashley Glover

Ok I'm a flatlander, I rarely come on here, but it was suggested I should come post my story here and try to get some votes. So here it is:

The last thing I clearly remember Jan 13th was paying the bill at The Valley restaurant, and no I didn't have any alcohol as some have assumed. I crashed about a mile from there. It was a very sunny day and I believe I went snow blind. I was off the trail, I never rode off the trail. I hit a half buried log and from my injuries I'm pretty sure I flipped with the sled. This is an assumption but pretty sure it landed with the handle bar riser in my abdomen. Thank god a friend was behind me and he called for help. Got a helicopter ride and don't even remember it.
Injury tally- 2 shattered wrists, a broken femur, 2 dislocated elbows, dislocated shoulder, broken pelvis, collapsed lung, C1 cracked, L1-L5 broken, perforated stomach, perforated colon, bruised kidneys, detached right ureter, some sort of head bleeding or swelling not sure, and lots of torn muscles and tendons in my legs. Yeah I do it up big.
I don't post this wanting pity or sympathy. I just wanted for the truthful info to be out there. I've come a long way and I still have a long way to go. The doctors have said a year, that doesn't work for me lol my left wrist will never be 100% and my back really bothers me, but all in all I'm lucky.

I submitted my story to North America's Top Snowmobiler and was picked as a finalists. If I win I plan on giving the sled to my fiance as he has an old Ski Doo trail sled (racing is his thing, but trying to get him to love trail riding) the things he did and sacrificed for me I can't even begin to explain...

I hope this is allowed here, please remove if not. Happy Riding. FYI mountain sledding is on my bucket list someday

Last edited:
Premium Features